Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A little piece of heaven......

I think if I could live anywhere, it would be the Oregon coast. I absolutely love it there. I don't know if it was growing up by the ocean or what, but it is something I have found I can't live without. I don't ever want to live away from the coast. For some reason when I am not near the ocean it makes me feel a little claustrophobic or something. That doesn't really make sense I guess considering I can't run out into the sea, but that is the way I feel.



So obviously we went to the beach. It was the perfect combination of no work, no school, and great weather.....and it was GREAT weather! We had such a great time as we always do when we head over to the coast.


We went to Haystack Rock this time because the low tide was at the perfect time for us to hit the tide pools.


And then of course the endless combing the beach for sea shells. I think we bring home half the beach every time we go. We have a jar in the girls bathroom that we are trying to fill up with shells from the beach. Every time we go we try and bring the best ones back to put in the jar. Here is Lilly with her sand dollar. They were all over the place. And check out the way she is standing......on her entire foot! I was trying to figure out why this picture looked weird to me and I realized that it was because she wasn't on her tip toes...... and her weird facial expression.
That is one hot daddy.
And we also just dug and dug and dug.

Dustin's new beach hat. What do you think? A new trend?
Of course we hit Mo's for dinner, our favorite clam chowder place and then headed home. On the way home we saw a random sign for a fish hatchery. Even though it was down a side road for 8 miles and we didn't even know if it was going to be open as it was about 4:45 we decided to just go for it. It was open and the girls LOVED it! We fed the fish, talked to the fish, danced around the fish, and even posed for the fish.


Maddy and Josey had to say good-bye to every row of fish before we left. They were walking down the aisle waving good-bye and blowing kisses to each and every fish. We finally had to haul them into the car before they froze to death. It got REALLY cold REALLY fast!

We really had a great time. Seriously I think I want to retire there someday. Dustin and I have decided that SOME day we are going to take a week and just drive down 101 just the two of us in a convertible. It is about the most beautiful thing we have ever seen. Of course it probably won't be for another 20 years but we can dream right? Maybe by then we can afford to stay in hotels along the way and not sleep in our car for the week.

7 comments:

SMDStudio said...

Okay, totally jealous! I have another friend who went to the beach on Monday. It never even crossed my mind. Shame on me. I feel the same way about the coast. It is the place I want to be for every little trip. Depoe Bay is my favorite, but I love it all!

Amanda said...

bummer..I totally wished we could of come..looks like TONS of fun!! Next time, we'll plan ahead and Ryan will take off work!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

so jealous! I miss the beach!

Cami said...

I would NEVER live at the beach. Have you been to a ward at the beach? Crazy, crazy people live there. Well....maybe you guys would actually fit in? haha! It's a great place to visit!

Castiel Moyes said...

Cami I didn't think about that but it totally TRUE! Beach wards ARE crazy! And we probably would fit in.....

Heidi said...

Andrew would be super jealous of your trip to the fish hatchery - he loves anything to do with fish!
And a bowl of clam chowder at the seaside - nothing is better than that!!!

Williams Fam said...

Gotta love the Goonies beach!! LOL-well, that's what I call Cannon beach-but we love it there too! Ryan and I spent our honeymoon there at his uncle's beach house. Tons of fun-A little chilly at times, but so pretty!! THe town there is lost of fun too!