Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Steroid Power

Well I thought I should give some background on the previous post. If you didn't read the post I did about my sinuses, I have been on a steroid for a couple of weeks. While I DESPISE the puffy face, the weight gain, and the mild irritability that has accompanied this pill popping, I am LOVING the energy and motivation I have to clean my house. I have been obsessively cleaning my house for the last couple of weeks. It started in the kitchen when I just couldn't take the disorganized cupboards and pantry. I spent hours cleaning out every crevice. And I couldn't stop. I started scrubbing every wall, every baseboard, cleaning out the window tracks and even soaking all the vents (all things I NEVER do). I was out organizing my garage at 10:00 the other night and I can't stop!! I feel like I am on a time line because I only have three days left of the steroid! I am afraid that all this energy and compulsion is going to disappear. I am hoping that just finally getting rid of the infection that has plagued my body for EVER might be part of the reason that I feel so energetic. But I guess we will see. I have one more room, a closet and 2 bathrooms that are in desperate need of a good scrubbing.

ANYWAY about the last post, I was so excited when I found those bedspreads for my girls at Fred Meyer at 80% off! At that price I thought they were cute enough to get for their room. So I have talked with my mother extensively about the cleaning and told her all about the room rearranging and the bedspreads and she was on her way out the door from work and wanted to see some pictures before she left. So I quickly snapped some shots and put them on my blog and that is the explanation for the random pictures of my girls rooms. It's not that I think I did a particularly great "decorating" job it is just that it is SUCH an improvement from what it was before, I was excited as were the girls. The looks on their faces when they went in their rooms was seriously priceless. They were so excited to have a "cute" room they spent most of the afternoon in there reading and listening to music together. It made all the hours of cleaning and organizing and rearranging worth it.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Jess how did you get those cute letter that say their name?

Liz said...

I should get me some of that steriod.

Castiel Moyes said...

My friend has a vinyl business and I bought some from her. It is just like a sticker on my wall. I have moved them around a few times. It's nice cause it isn't permanent.