Sunday, March 29, 2009

It has all come full circle......

When I was about 8 I had hair that was down to my bum. I had grown it out forever. I decided that I wanted it chopped off and my mother had a really hard time letting me cut it. She has always told me that she had to call her mother, my grandmother, for strength to chop of my beautiful long hair. I won out and she let me chop it off.


Well yesterday I had this same experience. Josey decided that she wanted her hair cut. Her beautiful long hair that she has been growing out for almost the last three years. I have to admit that I really like her long hair. She has this amazingly thick hair that had all these different colors in it. It worked for her because of the fact that she has a lot of curl underneath and straight hair on top and when it was longer it kinda pulled the curl down so that it just looked wavy and not crazy underneath. But there was no persuading her otherwise. She was tired of the tangles and I was really tired of the tears EVERY TIME we had to brush it. So I called my mom for the strength to drive her to the salon and chop it off.


She was so funny because she couldn't stop crying but she kept insisting that she wanted to cut it. I would look over and she would have this face........

Something in between miserable and excited. It made me think that probably she didn't want to cut it. But she had already decided that it was time to cut and I COULD NOT persuade her otherwise.


Here she is after the hair cut. It looks a little funky because the lady put some weird product in it. But today after we washed it and dried it looks a little better.




She didn't want to chop it off so we cut it a little past her shoulders. She LOVES it and I have to keep telling myself that she is happy with it and that is what matters. I will admit that I don't love it! Her hair is so hard to deal with. The lady put layers in it at the bottom that I am figuring out now doesn't work with Josey's hair. She now looks like she has this straight blunt cut on top with the curly edges poking out the bottom.

Maddy was happy that they have about the same length hair now and they wanted a picture together. It will grow right? I think I need you Alli to tell me how to fix it and what to do with it!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

definitely a full circle moment Jess!! It will grow back though if you don't like it! Just wait until she's older - it was hard for me to allow Taylor to get a short A line bob last year but she loves it!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Isn't it weird how moments like that catch you off guard? When you realize...Oh CRAP I'M THE MOM!!!!! This happens to me on a weekly basis. Good for you for letting Josey cut her hair. You're a great mom and your kids are so lively and fun! I hate to say it but Josey has definite middle child qualities....such a little peacemaker! I LOVE how sweet and beautiful she is!

Alli said...

i bet it's so much easier to comb now! although I absolutely was IN LOVE with her hair...she probably won't really appreciate it until she's older, so why not cut it now! she looks absolutely adorable. at least she loves it! I don't really know what to say about styling her hair, becuase it has such different textures! and of course you don't want to spend hours every morning doing it. i would say just let the layers grow out a little bit.

Wendy said...

Who said our kids could have opinions of their own, anyways??
Liv finally cut her own hair because I didn't want her to have bangs and she REALLY wanted them. :-) Josie is gorgeous no matter how long her hair is.