Wednesday, April 01, 2009

PLAY BALL!

Nothing says "girl family" like......baseball....right?

So Josey decided this year to give softball a try. We were deciding between basketball and dance and a few other things and she chose softball. She has been so excited to start for the last couple of months and since we really haven't done a sport since soccer last year it was time.
Dustin took the girls to get mitts and all of a sudden we realized that we don't even have a BALL! We have basketballs and soccer balls and golf balls but not one baseball or softball. It kinda cracked me up that my girls have never really played catch with anything but a balloon. So Maddy picked a pink mitt and Josey picked a blue one and they decided to sleep with them that night they were so excited!


Their first practice was last night. Originally it was only supposed to be Josey playing. But I contacted the coach to see if there were any other kids on the team that were 6 because I thought that I might have signed Josey up for the wrong thing. She told me there were 6 year olds up to 9 year olds! So I asked Josey if she would want Maddy to play with her and she was SOOOOO excited about that! So we were able to add Maddy to the team. I am so glad too because I think it would have been really annoying for Maddy to have had to sit there and watch all these girls that were her age playing softball and not get to participate at every practice.


Unfortunately here in Oregon spring is still REALLY cold! It was seriously freezing outside last night. But the girls had a ball and kept telling me they wish that practice was everyday. We will see how long that lasts?

They are just so funny though and I really am glad that they are getting to play on a team together. When they had to run laps Maddy and Josey ran holding hands. And then when they were catching grounders, every time they would catch it, they would run back and hug each other. And then when they would throw them back to the coach they would jump up and down with each other and you could hear the other one say something like, " That was SUCH a good throw! GOOD JOB!" Seriously it was about the cutest thing I have seen my girls do! Maddy found out that a couple of her friends are on a team together and I asked her if she was disappointed she wasn't on their team and she looked at me in shock and said that she wouldn't have been able to be with Josey then! I love it.

Lilly had a ball running around in the 30 below weather and playing on this play structure.
The funniest part was this hill that was behind us. She would run up to the top and then yell down to me that I needed to say, "NO LAVAGIRL NO!!" and she would run down to me and literally biff it EVERY TIME. So I ended up having to yell, "NO LAVAGIRL NO" to her every couple of minutes, which I am sure the other parents didn't find weird in the least.

And finally here is how you KNOW that we are a family of girls playing baseball. We were getting in the car and Josey realized she had forgot her mitt so she jumped out yelling, "WAIT! I need to get my mitten!"...........my mitten.........

3 comments:

Alli said...

that is so cute! I love that they love playing with each other. It is the cutest thing ever. I like how josey calls it her mitten. adorable. Is lilly going by lavagirl now?

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Thats so cute. I wish Caitlyn and Jeffy played together more....someday! I can't wait till our kids are old enough to play ball. Jeff will probably die of happiness the day he buys Jeffers his first baseball "mitten" =)

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

HOw cute! I love the story about Lilly!