Wednesday, April 29, 2009

the tulip festival

One of our most favorite things in the whole world is heading out to Woodburn and going to the tulip festival. We were able to go last weekend when my dad and Susan were here visiting. It was as expected just breathtakingly gorgeous! Here are few pictures off my dads camera because ours has been on the fritz. It was a great day to go as well. We were able to go on Thursday since there was no school and there weren't very many people there. It was a little cold but the sun kept peaking out from behind the clouds making all the tulips practically glow! It was amazing. We were glad we actually got to take someone with us this year!

















After we walked all around the fields we headed over to the little play area, where Maddy and Josey got to do this.....



They thought this was about the most fun thing they had ever done.
They also got to ride the little cow train and loved it. I let Lilly go by herself this time and I have to say I was REALLY nervous! But she absolutely loved it.



And they really enjoyed the horsie tire swing.

Then later that night we headed over for the girls softball practice. Grandpa was so nice to entertain Lilly the whole time.

3 comments:

JasonDebbie said...

So beautiful!! What I wouldnt give to see color and nature again!! :)

Wendy said...

What a beautiful place! Wish I could see it in person!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

I'm jealous...I love love tulips!! What a fun day!!