Monday, April 20, 2009

My crazy kids

These next two pictures completely crack me up and I love them. The other day Josey and Lilly played for hours together. Maddy was busy doing homework and other "grown-up" things and that left Josey and Lilly all alone. All of a sudden I saw them walking through the kitchen dressed like this with all these things gathered in the house to take outside to play school. Josey's pants were a little to short for her and the t-shirt was a little too big and she was workin' daddy's sweat band. Lilly had Josey's purple dress on and a green headband and was following Josey wherever she went playing her harmonica. She reminded me of a little pied piper. She was so content to have someone actually paying attention to her.
This is their classroom. This is the tree that was ruined in the ice storm this winter. It has now become their fort.
These next two pictures also crack me up. Lilly came into the room eating her lollipop that the Easter Bunny brought her. It was about as big as her head! What was that bunny thinking?


And this last picture makes me cringe in pain. Maddy had her teeth implements glued into her mouth today. Since they are inside her mouth they are hard to see but basically her mouth is FULL of metal. She has four metal caps on her back molars and then these thick metal bars that are glued to the outside of her teeth and then she has a bar along the roof of her mouth and along her bottom teeth. Needless to say it hasn't made it very easy for her to eat. This is literally her biting down......that is as close together as her teeth can get right now! Isn't that crazy?! I asked the orthodontist how she was supposed to chew her food and he said that she would just have to chew in the back. I feel really bad for her. I told her we would just try and eat lots of soups and mushy stuff this month. She has to keep this in for a year! I hope it gets easier! I am excited to see her smile when this is all over.

3 comments:

SMDStudio said...

Oh, bless Maddy's poor, little heart. The things we do for beauty (oh, and yeah, actually being able to chew properly when it's all said and done).

Darrell and Alissa said...

Poor Maddy! I have to laugh about the lollipop- we have them also and I am ready to throw the dumb things away- they litterally are as big as the kids heads! What the heck was the Bunny thinking?!

Amanda said...

ugh ugh ugh. I am just so glad that 1) out of ALL this she will have a beautiful smile and 2) se doesn't have to wear that AWFUL head gear....I guess it might not be so bad after all though!! We love you Maddy!! and I looooovvveee the pictures of the Josey and Lilly...way fun!