Thursday, May 14, 2009

A good parade

I have said it before and I will say it again. I love a good parade. And recently we were able to be IN a good parade. The Oregon City Children's Theatre marched in the Teddy Bear Parade that Oregon City had last weekend.

The Teddy Bear Parade is a parade that benefits the local fire departments and police stations (I think). Everyone brings a stuffed animal to donate to give out to children that are going through traumatic situations.

ANYWAY! It was really a lot of fun. The weather was GORGEOUS! And it was one of the best parades I have been to in a really long time. There were really fun floats and bands and lots of fun organizations participating.

Maddy got to wear her Michael costume and they even let Josey participate as well and dress up as a lost boy. She was THRILLED! Here they are at the beginning of the parade.


I don't know where my children are in these pictures or why I don't have more of them, but I was trailing behind with all the parents and was just snapping pictures as we went along. But Maddy and Josey were there somewhere, handing out as much candy as they could.

I thought this little girl had the best idea of where to carry her bear throughout the walk.
Dustin watched the parade with Lilly and I quickly snapped a picture as we went by. I wish that it hadn't turned out blurry. She loaded up with candy. Enough for everyone!
The parade ended at Clackamette Park where they had a fun carnival going on.
And they had this guy walking around. I wish that I would have asked him why he was dressed up that way. But he was SERIOUSLY tall.
It was really fun and I am so glad that were able to participate. We have signed up for a lot of activities over the years, basketball, soccer, softball, gymnastics, dance, karate, swim lesson, etc. etc. I think that this activity has given us the most bang for our buck that is for sure!
Dustin and I were both commenting on how the longer we stay here in Oregon City the more we have come to appreciate the great things and organizations this town has to offer. It has kept a small town feel to it even though we are only a half hour from the city.

2 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

I LOVE parades too. Why? I'm never quite sure, but I love them. Maybe that is the true question of introvert vs. extrovert. Not true extrovert does not love a parade.

THE REBER FAMILY said...

You seriously always have fun things to do there!! Beats old boring PROVO any day! We miss you!!