Friday, May 22, 2009

Catch up....

So I haven't posted in a little bit because I have been SO sick! It has been terrible and it is getting passed around the family and now Dustin has it for this weekend. I am recognizing in myself though that when I get too stressed or have too much going on I inevitably get sick and that is how this last couple of weeks have been. Between doctor's appointments and talent show auditions and firm parties we have been so BUSY! I haven't felt like I have had time to breathe. So here is where we went last Saturday....mind you this is after the garage sale and the primary activity.....we headed to Pacific City for Dustin's firm BBQ. It was fun to be at the beach again because this is where my family loves to be but this time we checked out the famous Pacific City dune. And here it is..... And yes we hiked to the top. We got there and my girls asked if they could play on it and we said yes. All of a sudden they were like half way up and Lilly was trailing behind trying to keep up. I COULD NOT believe how fast they got up that thing! IT WAS CRAZY. So Dustin and I looked at each other and I said, "It doesn't look that bad." Boy was I wrong! That thing was a monster. For everyone step you took you slid back a little because it was sand. Maddy and Josey were literally up in 5 minutes.....I am ashamed to say that it took me probably a half an hour and I was really ready to give up about half way through. I was using Lilly as a crutch of why I needed to go so slow but really it's just cause I am OUT OF SHAPE!! The top was beautiful though. We hiked down through areas that had trees growing right out the sand it was crazy. I have never really seen forest on the beach like that.

Anyway, besides that there hasn't been a whole lot that is blog worthy but trust me when I say that I have been running around with my head cut off. And then full blown SICK. I even had to cancel my first coupon class that I was SO excited to teach. Hopefully they will reschedule it!! I did get into the doctor though and I get to start yet again another round of steroids......this will be the third in 2 months. This time I get to be on them for almost an entire month in preparation for my surgery on June 5th. I an really excited about the surgery but really really not excited about the steroids. Oh well.


And one last thing.....who else has been counting down to this?
I know I have been and now the wait is over!!!!

1 comment:

Betsy Fox said...

Let me hear an AMEN!!! I LOVE that show. I am a reality tv dance show junkie-- but this is my favorite. Seriously, Jess, WHY DON'T WE LIVE BY EACH OTHER????? We'd have too much fun.