Saturday, May 02, 2009

Happy Birthday Maddy.....with pictures this time

We had Maddy's party this weekend. I finally gave in and agreed to a slumber party....very ....very ....hesitantly. We haven't had a slumber party of this magnitude ever and the last "sleepover" we had, which was about a year and a half ago, caused me to VOW NEVER EVER EVER to have a sleep over again ( I will have to elaborate on that later). But, I will say now that it is over, that it was not nearly as bad as I was thinking it would be and yes I think I might dare say I would do it again!

Maddy wanted a movie night party. And she was THRILLED at the results and really seemed to have a wonderful time that made the whole thing worth it. Here are a few of the decorations and preparations as we prepared for our guests.

Maddy thought it would be SO cool to have a red carpet for the girls to walk on when they came in. They also HAD to bring their "ticket" that was their invitations. She was very specific when it came to that.
So after most of the girls got here and dropped of their stuff and the screaming and squealing began I almost panicked and called all the moms and had them come pick up their daughters. I was thinking WHAT WAS I THINKING! Luckily the trampoline came to the rescue. At any given point throughout the party there was always at least two people out on the trampoline. It was great. And by the way that is confetti on the ground from the red carpet not just a bunch of dirt.....although I have that on my carpet as well.
Once everyone got there we ate dinner. And then I pulled out the make-up and make-up brushes and everyone headed upstairs to "get ready" to go pick out a movie. We then headed to Blockbuster and picked out a movie (Peter Pan with the real people that came out a few years ago. The girls wanted this one because and I quote, "Peter Pan is SO hot in this movie.") So scary.
Then we headed home to open presents and eat cake and ice cream. Check out Lilly's pose in this picture.
It is so funny how when someone is opening presents everyone just keeps getting closer and closer and closer. Lilly of course had to help Maddy open every present.
Her good friend Kelly gave her a tomogatchi which was what she wanted more than anything so she was very excited about that.
Here is the MASSIVE cake Dustin got for us! In his defense I called him as he was on his way home from work asking him to please get a cake because I had completely forgotten about that detail. SO he stopped off at Costco and picked this one up. I think we will be eating cake for a while.
While the older girls were busy watching a movie or playing the Wii or jumping on the trampoline or playing tribal cats.....yes I said tribal cats and shocker of all shocker my daughter wasn't the one instigating or even PLAYING this game, Lilly was upstairs busying herself with the makeup. She literally was in the bathroom playing with the makeup and brushes for about an hour!


Anyway, I wish that I had remember to get a picture of everyone in their sleeping bags but again I forgot. Oh well!

It was really quite fun getting to know some of the girls that Maddy talks about at school so often. And it was a pleasant surprise to realize how much older she is and that having a party is not as much work as it used to be! They all just loved hanging out and doing their own thing and I didn't have to completely entertain them with games and such. Who knew?!

2 comments:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

So fun!! I am both excited and terrified for sleepover parties. You're a great mom...and just remember that you are making memories for a lifetime!

Wendy said...

What a nice mom! It sounds like it went really well.
And I have to laugh about the cake! I think that the "overkill trait" has to be a Moyes boy thing. Gary has this habit of buying more than we really need. I ask him to get tortillas, he gets 3 packages, I ask for a bottle of teriyaki sauce, he gets a few. He doesn't do it as much now because I tease him so much, but I just think it is funny that they are worried about not having enough!