Saturday, May 23, 2009

produce savings with coupons

So a lot of times I hear people say that "they don't really eat the food that you buy with coupons". Here is an example of how coupons can help you save on other foods such as milk and produce that most times don't have coupons.

So this week we have the WONDERFUL double coupons at Albertson's. I love love love these because there are so many opportunities to get things free or super cheap. So here are some transaction ideas that can help you save on produce.

There is a deal this week on Wishbone dressing. When you buy 2 Wishbone dressings you get an instant 2$ off of meat. However when you buy certain bottles there is a coupon for $.55 off of fresh produce. So here you go:

2 Wishbone dressings--5.00
1 cantaloupe--1.50?

2 $.75 off Wishbone here
1 $.55 off of fresh produce--found on the bottle
3 Albertson's doubles
automatic $2.00 deduction (you can add meat if you want too but it will still deduct the $2.00)

OOP: Free-?
depending on the size of your cantaloupe, they are on sale $.39 lbs.
That is an idea for anyone that is looking for savings on produce this week.

Another thing to keep in mind is that anytime you have a coupon that is going to give you any overage then combine that with something that does not have a coupon, like milk.

So here is another transaction for you:

2 Wheat Thins--$1.47 each
2 Bar S hot dogs--$1.00 each
1 milk-- $1.99

2 $1/1 coupon from here
1 $1/2 coupon from here
2 Albertson's doubles

Total OOP: $1.00

One more idea is to use those Kraft BBQ coupons if you have any left or can print more. They are still on sale for $1.00. If you buy those and double it then you have a $1.00 to put towards something else.
So here was my trip today, combining overages and coupons. The hot dogs were free....the wishbone was free...the wheat thins were free....most of the cantaloupe was free....and the cream cheese were $1 each after my coupons and doubles. Then I put the overages of my coupons towards my milk and cheese. The cheese was one sale for 7.99 and the milk was 1.99 each. The total for all this food was $8.00 even!


I hope that gives you some ideas of what to do with your overages and inspires you to put your own scenarios together!!

1 comment:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

You're great Jess. I've been slackin on my coupons. I just hate shopping with my kids.