Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MIA

So anyone who checks my blog has probably noticed that we have gone missing recently. Well I just wanted to assure you we are alive and well. The girls and I just ended up on a very fun, very long, extended road trip to see just about everyone we could!

Back in July I stopped working. Which opened up whole new possibilities of summer fun! So when I realized that we had nothing going on in August and the heat wave in Portland hit I decided to throw everyone in the car and head down to California for my nieces baptism. Even though we had just moved into our new house a week earlier and pretty much left everything to put away and clean up when I got back, we have been having a great time.

After staying in Cali for a week instead of heading home we decided to make it down to St. George to visit my grandparents and my dad. We had lots of fun visiting with cousins and swimming and looking for lizards and snakes, and visiting Crystal Mountain.

After Southern Utah we have started making our trek home. We drove up to Provo to visit my sister and her new husband. And then visited with my brother and more cousins. And then spent a day with some old friends we haven't seen in a couple of years.

Currently we are in Murtaugh Idaho visiting Dustin's parents. It has been a fun road trip that I hope my girls will remember. It hasn't always been the easiest being in the car with three little girls for 48 hours but I think we have created some memories that we can hold on to while we are up in Oregon away from everyone.

We are missing daddy LOTS and Dustin is missing us LOTS too. He was actually thinking about getting a dog he has been so lonely (and anyone who knows Dustin knows he is NOT a pet person). We are ready to get home and are headed there tomorrow....well I guess today. It is so early in the morning here and I can't sleep. I will just say that after having to sleep with Lilly for almost three weeks if I never have to sleep with her again it will be too soon!

Anyway, stay tuned for pictures once we get home and settled back into life. We have lots of fun ones! And for anyone that was worried......we didn't leave Dustin.......we are still happily married!


AND by the way, for anyone who doesn't know yet, we are expecting a new baby in February!! More to come about that as well!

13 comments:

Abe Fox said...

Hope the final Idaho-Oregon stretch of road is kind to you; And Huge Congrats again about the pregnancy.

And finally, we absolutely loved chatting with you guys for exactly 1 hr and 45 min.

THE REBER FAMILY said...

It was so fun to see you Jes. You're girls are so BEAUTIFUL! I am so excited about your baby! It will be fun to see if ours are the same sex and to commiserate as we just get fatter and fatter =)! I wish we saw you more. Maybe I will follow your lead and take a road trip with my kids to visit ya'll. I'm feeling pretty invincible with my GPS unit these days!! LOVE YOU!

Darrell and Alissa said...

You are a brave woman to do all that by yourself! I have a GPS and still get lost!!! Congrats on another daughter- I say that because I know you want to be just like my fam!!:) Hope the pregnancy is going well!

BethReberFrancis said...

You came all the way to California for your neice's baptism? Gosh, you could have at least stopped by to visit your mother! Had I known you were coming I would have taken a day off from work, taken the kids to see the baby chicks everyday, gone to the park, Fairyland, swimming, had sleepovers with cousins and taken the girls shopping for school!I might have even done a handstand and the "mermaid" in the pool for you and Rebekah!hehe

kati said...

Congrats on your new baby!

Alli said...

yeah!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Wendy said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time! congrats on the pregnancy!

Betsy Fox said...

I was beginning to worry what happened to you! Glad you had a fun trip and I'll stayed tuned for pics.

Betsy Fox said...

I was beginning to worry what happened to you! Glad you had a fun trip and I'll stayed tuned for pics.

Ducheznee said...

Dustin has been an absolute wreck without his ladies around. Glad you're coming back.

SMDStudio said...

I think I've alrady told you everything I have to say about all of that. Congratulations on the baby and being married and all that stuff. ;> I can't wait for ballet.

Jill Johnson said...

Im mad you didn't use Vegas for a stop! It would have been great to see you! Congrats on the baby. I will start praying for blue for ya!

Liz said...

Congratulations!!!!