Friday, August 21, 2009

The Final Leg.....Murtaugh

So after more than two weeks of travelling we made it Idaho to see Grandma and Grandpa Moyes. We always love to visit Murtaugh because it is always so quiet and peaceful and girls have lots and lots of space to play. I always think how lucky Dustin and his brothers were to grow up here everytime I come back because it just seems like a little boys heaven!


I sort of boycotted doing ANYTHING that first day we were there because I was finally exhausted and not feeling well. So the girls had to entertain themselves with grandmas help. Maddy took the camera outside and had a photo shoot with Josey, Lilly and our cute cousin Ava.










Right after this shot, Lilly experienced her first bee sting.....or two. She got stung twice on her little foot and was NOT happy about it. Luckily grandma ran and sprayed her foot with WD-40 and I think it made it not quite as traumatic for her. She didn't seem afraid to go back outside or to walk in the same place where she got stung.




Grandpa happened to be thrashing some wheat (did I use the farm lingo right?) that day and was so kind to take all the girls an rides in the big combine. Luckily it is loud in there so I am not sure grandpa had to listen to all their insesant talking. Don't get me wrong, I am sure they are talking the whole time (after spending 48 hours in the car with them I am SURE of this) but at least he probably didn't really have to HEAR it. Unfortunately I wasn't there when Maddy and Josey had their rides so I will have to get those pictures from grandma. But I went with Lilly because I thought for sure she would want me to go with her. I WAS WRONG! We both climbed up the side of the combine and I asked her if she wanted me to come with her or ride by herself and she said by herself. So I climbed back down! She rode with grandpa for probably an hour! And loved it! She wanted to go back out later!




There was a nice horse over by the field so of course the girls were obsessed!






While Lilly was on the combine we took Maddy and Josey over to the shop and walked through Dustin's old childhood home. This is a picture of the girls in Dustin's old bedroom.....we think.....grandma wasn't quite sure.




That night grandma got all the fixings for smores and she and the girls headed out for a campfire. I stayed inside for a while until I couldn't stand the thought that they were all having fun out there without me so I joined them.













The next day we met Aunt Andrea at the jump house in Twin Falls. The girls ran and jumped to their hearts content. Can you spot the girl in this picture?




I am sad that I didn't really get a good picture of Lilly and Ava together. Lilly kept calling her her best friend. They got along really well! I so wish we lived closer.





My camera decides on it's own when it wants to be blurry or not....sorry.






Cute little cousin Brooklyn.


One happy little Lilly.
A very excited Joselyn.



And Maddy acting crazy.



And finally a very pooped Joselyn.



Then we spent some time hanging out at Aunt Andreas house and having fun making yet more messes. And then we headed over to see Great Grandma and Grandpa Baum. Unfortunately my camera decided to be blurry again so I will have to get some better pictures from grandma?



Maddy's favorite part......the crazy dog named chi-chi.



Picking apricots (or pickapots as Lilly calls them) with grandma Baum.


We had such a relaxing fun stay in Murtaugh as always and we were really glad that we got to make it through. I wish it hadn't been on the last leg of our big journey or we would have definitely stayed longer. I needed to get home. I was just getting sicker and more exhausted every day we were gone and finally just needed to be home! I was sad that we didn't stop to see a few more of out Aunt and Uncle and cousins in Boise (I am really sorry!) but honestly I don't think anyone wanted to be around me or my kids at this point. I will say it again.....we really needed to get home! We will make another trip down and next time start in Idaho!



It was a fun adventure for me and the girls. We already miss everyone and everywhere we went I would think I wish I lived HERE. We are so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends!

mother (mention #15) mom (mention #16) mommy (mention #17) mama (mention #18) mamacita (mention #19) Is that better mom? (mention #20)

1 comment:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

SERIOUSLY I AM TIRED JUST READING ALL OF THAT!!!!!!!! YOU ARE ONE BRAVE BRAVE WOMAN! I hope you got home just in time to save Dustin from buying a DOG! =) We loved seeing you and maybe I'll get up the guts to follow in your footsteps and do a road trip to see you and then your mom on the way home! Love you guys!!