Friday, August 21, 2009

Moyes Girls Western Tour 2009

Well three weeks ago today the girls and I hit the road to see my mother (mention #1) and my sister and her kids and to make it down for my niece Julia's baptism. We had moved into our new house about a week before and then the temperatures in Portland went CRAZY and we decided to get the heck out of dodge. I packed whatever clothing I could find that was clean and told the girls to grab a pair of shoes and get in the car. We had so much fun and it was a SERIOUSLY long trip but I am so glad that we did it because I am not sure when we will be able to do it again. I think it will be at least a couple years....but you never know. I may get the itch again!



Here is Maddy and Josey and Julia "getting ready".



The most beautiful and chunkiest baby Ali.





The sweetest 2 year old Bear.






We were lucky enough to be able to swim in my sister's in-laws pool a lot while we were there, which the girls LOVED. Then never wanted to get out.









Maddy and Claudia......the pre-teen.....and the pre pre-teen.









The girls looking for snails.....so fun.




And boy did they find snails!






Lilly and Georgia. They had so much fun together.








We actually stayed with my mom (mention #2) in her little apartment. She was so patient with all of us packed in there. We had so much fun meeting her (mention #3) for lunch at the park and waiting for her (mention #4) to get home from work so we could play. Almost everyday we went here.....




to the Danvile Hay and Grain. They had little chicks, ducks, rabbits and baby turkeys that you could pick up and hold to your hearts content. I only took pictures one day that we were there and Maddy had spent the night at the cousins house so she wasn't with us. But she got plenty of time to hold the baby animals as well as I just didn't get any pictures of her.



























My mom (mention #5) took the girls school shopping before we left. They were so excited to actually go into the dressing room and try on their clothes. We don't EVER do that! Lilly told her it was the best day ever. She adores clothes and especially trying them on. The girls are very excited for their new school clothes and can't wait for school now to get to wear them. Thanks mom (mention #6)



Then we capped the week off with Julias baptism. We were so glad we were able to be there for that special day.




2 comments:

Alli said...

so much to read! I love it! after 3 long weeks of waiting for pictures we finally get a ton! good job jess. I wish I could have been there sometime... why didn't you visit me in Arizona?? it was so on the way! jk. love you!

SMDStudio said...

Oh, how those snails brought back memories of my sweet years in California. I am seriously depressed they do not have snails in Oregon. I just love those little shells, and their little antennae sticking out the front, and . . .