Monday, August 24, 2009

My baby is an orange......

Well apparently my baby is an orange this week! I found this fun website that tells you how big your baby is by measuring it against different fruits and vegetables to get a better visual. So every week I will be putting a new fruit up for everyone to visualize as my baby......to weird? but yummy?

Anyway, I haven't written much about this new baby.....not really anything actually. But we are very excited about the arrival in February! This was a complete surprise to all parties involved. I think it was a bigger shock to Dustin when I finally told him I was pregnant and already 3 months along. Lucky for him he got to bypass a few of those sick weeks without having to feel too much sympathy. Unfortunately I am still feeling sick, which is only par for the course, but hopefully soon in the next couple of weeks it will go away.

I don't want to complain much, because compared to the first three pregnancies this one is a BREEZE! But I still reserve the right to feel a general overall CRAPPINESS and complain about it on occasion. I think that Dustin and my mom however will both attest to the better mental health of their wife and daughter this time around.

Now on to the real issue.......to be a girl or not to be a girl.....that is the question. RIGHT? Anyone who knows us knows this is the real question!! I am not really sure how I feel about this issue. I will not deny that if the scales were measured between the desire for a boy next and the desire for a girl next.....the boy scale would be heavier. However after having three beautiful, darling, talented girls already, there is a part of me that would feel more comfortable and actually happy about adding a fourth to the mix. I was washing my girls hair in the bath the other day ( I do not usually wash my 9 year olds hair or my 7 year olds hair but they were all in the bath together and I just dove right in) and I tried to imagine a fourth child in the bath with them. I will admit that it was easier to imagine a fourth little girl in there rather than an unknown, foreign boy. But the desire to know what it is like to raise both genders and to see a little boy follow around Dustin (ok...really I just want him to have to take someone to the bathroom every five minutes in a restaurant) is pretty strong.

After we found out Lilly was a girl I can't say I reacted well. I thought for sure she was a boy and I had it all planned out in my head. However Heavenly Father had something else planned out for our family and I think I was being taught the never ending lesson that I can't seem to learn, that Heavenly Father knows what is best for us and I can't control everything. So I have to acknowledge that I really just don't know. I can bet my life that this baby is one gender or the other but really when it is all said and done whatever is best for our family will be delivered.

So with that said on October 5th......are you all marking your calendars......cause I know everyone out there really really cares about this issue. We will find out what the answer is to this pressing question. To be fun I will decorate my blog with the predicted gender so as soon as you pull up my blog you will have the answer. If it is all blue......it's a boy.......if it's all pink......you get the idea. Any predictions out there?!?

9 comments:

BethReberFrancis said...

One of each! that's my prediction!!hehe Whatever it is, it couldn't get any cuter than Maddy, Josie and Lilly! Once it is here your family will be perfectly complete.

JasonDebbie said...

I would say the odds its a boy is higher than another girl, just mathematically speaking. But who knows! In my family we had 3 girls then a boy, in my friends family theres 4 girls, I guess its just whomever is supposed to be there.:)

Alli said...

a girl! i have just learned to always guess a girl... because more often than not, that's usually what the baby is in our family.

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Whatever it is we are so excited! I bet it's a girl!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Well....I bet its a BOY! But I have an unfair selfish opinion because we are having a boy and it would be so nice for him to have a cousin of the same gender so close.
Have you tried the Chinese calender predictors??? Google it online there are tons. It was right for my first 2 and wrong for the 3rd. I guess that just means that even though the stars say you're having one gender....GOD IS THE KEEPER of the STARS =).
Still....either way we are so excited for you to have one so close to ours =)!!

Wendy said...

I predict boy.

Abe Fox said...

I predict.........

Neither......because the wonderful baby will be turned all the wrong way with his/her legs crossed or something so that the gender cannot be determined.

Hopefully, not......but that is my guess. It does happen (it happened to us before).

Angi and Jared Cowley said...

Yeah, I love babies. Hopefully your 4th time will be as easy as mine was...It was made easier by the fact that I knew it was my last time, so it was no problem to stay positive. I hope you have a boy!!!

Jennie Z said...

Congratualtions! I haven't read your blog for a while. Exciting to hear you are expecting!! Can't wait to hear if it's pink or blue!