Monday, September 14, 2009

Thoughts for today.......

So I was thinking this morning as I was rolling myself out of bed to get the girls on the bus how much I hate and I mean H-A-T-E mornings. Now this is not an unusual thought for me in the mornings but for the last three months of summer mornings I haven't had to face my hatred head on. But this morning I was determined to get the girls actually on the bus and not have to drive them to school. The bus comes at 7:20, which means that we have to be up at 6:45 to be dressed and eat breakfast and everything accounted for to walk out to the bus stop. This early hour goes against two of my cardinal sins:
1. I don't think it is right to wake sleeping children. I figure if they are still asleep then they need to be sleeping. Their bodies are growing so quickly and it just seriously bothers me to wake sleeping children.

2. Actually talking nicely to ANYBODY before 8:30. As a mom talking nicely to your children even when you are crabby in the morning, to me, is a requirement. I honestly really struggle with this one. I don't like talking to people in the morning. I AM TIRED PEOPLE! And to make matters worse I have a daughter that is unusually and dare I say to me slightly annoyingly chipper in the mornings. Maddy has always been a morning person. Even as a baby she was up at the CRACK of dawn and always has been. She is a person that doesn't require a lot of sleep which is a trait she most definitely DID NOT inherit from me. Even when I wake her, she is ready to jump out of bed and talk talk talk. I have to be really careful around her in the mornings because sometimes (and I hate to admit this) she doesn't bring out the best in me. Now don't get me wrong, I think it is a WONDERFUL trait to be a morning person and get up early. I wish that I was a morning person and enjoyed getting up early. I am glad that she has this trait......I will just be more glad when she is old enough that I don't have to join her in the mornings. She can have her little happy mornings all to herself and let me sleep.

The other thing that I have been struggling with is the freedom of owning a home. When I say this I mean the freedom to do whatever you want to your home and yard. There have been quite a few request for some pictures of our new home but I have wanted to do a little decorating first. I couldn't wait for this day. After all the renting we have done I have been so excited to have something of my own that I could do whatever I wanted with. Well now I am finding that I am completely overwhelmed. I don't know what I want to do! So....for those wanting some pictures of our new home, I think you are just going to have to wait a little until I can get a grip about what I want to do......and a little extra cash to do it with! Or you could always come visit and see it in person!

7 comments:

Jaime said...

I remember feeling that way and just painting things because I thought that was what you did and now I would love to change so many things. I wish I could play and decorate no matter the cost but life just doesn't work that way. I look forward to seeing what you end up doing. Good Luck

THE REBER FAMILY said...

I also think waking a sleeping child is a SIN!! Seriously. Its QUIET!!! Let them sleep!! I dont have to get Cj to preschool until 9...and I still think thats early.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Ashlee is my child that wakes up perky- I have to also bite my tongue so I don't hurt her feelings since I'm so grouchy. Lexi is the same as me- she doesn't bite her tngue though. I will hear her saying, why are you talking so much, stop talking, I can't listen to you yet! My kids are up at 6:30 and I hope each moring as they walk out the door at 7 that Carly and Baylee will both still be sleeping so I can go back to bed. Uh, it's never happened!
BTW- I am so excited to hear what you are having!! I know so many people who have had 3 of the same gender and the 4th is the opposite- can't wait until October!!

SMDStudio said...

I admire you for even trying to talk nice to your kids in the morning. I'm just mean and grumpy. Thank goodness Sean is the one who most often gets them up - I just have to get them out the door.

As far as the house thing goes. The very best advice is to start ripping apart magazines and catalogs. Pull out anything that appeals to you - don't think - just pull. Once you get a nice big stack, sort them, lay them out and start figuring out what's in common. You will get a really good feel for colors and styles that you are drawn to, and how you like things to look. It's a nice, concrete way to brainstorm.

Liz said...

I hate to wake my kids, they have been late so many times because I figure it wrong to wake them, they are CHILDREN!

Gretch said...

Okay! It has been WAY TOO long since I checked your blog!
YOU'RE PREGNANT!! Congratulations!!! Wow, how exciting! I'll be anticipating 10/5/09 with you. Can't wait to hear what you'll be having.

Oh and I'm right there with you on the morning thing-I'm so NOT a morning person!

Wendy said...

7:20 seems so early for catching the bus. I guess my kiddos are lucky. Our school doesn't start until 8:50. They wake up in the mornings at 7:30 to get ready, but it would be miserable to headed out the door at that time! Maybe you should just come live by us. :-)