Wednesday, October 21, 2009

my daughter the news anchor

That's right. There is Joselyn at the KATU news station sitting in the anchor chair.

And there she is on tv as the news anchor.

Ok. Her class had a field trip to the channel 2 news station this week. They were only allowing 1 parent to come and I was the lucky mom that happened to get picked to tag along.



I have to say this. I really don't like sleepovers very much (completely unrelated to this post but it is how I feel) and I really don't like going on field trips. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that I get to spend the day with my daughter and that I get to get a better feel for her classmates and teacher. But I hate having to help keep the other kids in line and that I have to ride the bus with all the LOUD 2nd graders. AND I definitely wore the wrong shoes by the time we were heading home, my feet hurt! But Josey and I did have a good time hanging out together.



She kept begging to take her own pictures and when I could persuade her to give the camera to me I would snap some quick shots of her. You should have seen the pictures I had to delete off my camera. The things a 7 year old finds interesting to take pictures of was astounding to me! But she sure is cute in all the pictures I took!




I really hope that not a lot of the other parents would ever find my blog because I have no idea who some of these kids are. But every time I would take my camera out to take a picture of Josey some random kid would jump in the picture! It was driving me nuts! Which I know isn't fair because they are at "school" and they all want to be in the picture but it really was quite funny. I would hide the camera and then try to quickly whip it out and take a quick picture of Josey by herself. I didn't get very lucky very often. (And Katie if you see this post I took a few pictures of your daughter as well if you want them!)






Josey's teacher and Maddy's teacher when she was in 2nd grade.



At the end we visited the AM Northwest studio and I took one picture of Josey behind their little cooking counter and seriously IMMEDIATELY all these girls came running over to be in the picture as well. SO FUNNY!


And then even more came running over and then I had to put the camera away or I don't think I would ever get out of there!

I love watching my kids in their school habitat. It is fun watching them interact with the other kids. We went to the park to eat lunch afterwards and there was Josey running around with the boys. The teacher was telling me what a kick she gets out of Josey and the boys. She said that she has just enough tomboy in her that all the boys want to play with her but she has such a good heart that all the girls want to play with her as well. I witnessed this when 4 people were fighting over who was going to be her partner. We ended up just having a 5 person partnership because we couldn't turn anyone away. She really is a sweet little girl and I feel lucky to be her mom.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Josie has the sweetest little face! I love those pictures of her.
I HATE riding on the bus for field trips, too! But it's worth it to see my kids with their classmates.

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Truth be known I think Jossie would be a GREAT news anchor. She totally has the looks and personality.