Thursday, November 12, 2009

Proud to be an American

This is just too funny I had to document it! Josey came home from school the other day and excitedly told me how she sang a song by herself in front of her class. I was confused trying to remember if there was something special going on that day that would constitute the solo performance of my 7 year old at school.

I couldn't come up with anything, so I asked her if the class was singing songs that day or something. She said no.

I asked her what song she sang and she told me that she sang "Proud to be an American". Then I was more confused.

I asked her if the teacher asked her to sing something? And she said no.

So I finally just asked her why she sang the song by herself. She told me that she just asked the teacher if she could sing a song for the class.....in the middle of the day......by herself. WHAT?!

It made just a little more sense when she said they were talking about Veterans Day. BUT STILL?! I asked her why she sang that song and she said that as they were talking about Veterans Day she thought that that song would be a good one for her to sing for the class. (Because don't we all have that train of thought?) So apparently she got up and sang the song by herself acappella to inspire patriotism in her fellow classmates. I haven't had her sing it for me yet and honestly I didn't know she even knew the words to that song so I am going to video tape her singing it and I will put it on her just so that you can visualize her singing this in the middle of her classroom by herself. I seriously think my kids think they live in a musical sometimes....and just maybe I want to live in that musical as well.

When I think about it, how many of us.....okay maybe it's just me and I guess my daughters .....have moments where you do just want to break out in song at an inappropriate time?
I forgot to put this on here a couple of weeks ago. But Josey's class was doing a little play and Josey got to be the main part of Anansi. She was a little spider. They sent home invitations and everything. She was of course the cutest little spider ever!

2 comments:

Abby said...

I Just Love This Little Girl!! what a Gift To be able To raise her.

THE REBER FAMILY said...

So funny. Caitlyn would barely sing in the primary program. Josie could be the next hannah montanta!