Thursday, November 12, 2009

way too early


So it is 5am and I am tired. I didn't get to sleep last night, or should I say this morning, until 12:30 and here I am already awake. WHY? Well, I will credit this crack of dawn morning to my wonderful 3 year old. And I will also say this is becoming a problem. Lilly just seems to not be able to sleep in her own bed throughout the entire night. Can you give a 3 year old a sleeping pill? jk

Since combining Josey and Lilly together in their own room Lilly has been keeping Josey up at night talking and being loud. So last night she was threatened that if she got out of bed or kept talking to Josey that she would be put back in the dreaded crib. Well it's no surprise that we had to actually follow through with that one and she ended up in her crib. Upset would be an understatement, and the night went downhill from there. In the middle of the night we decided to pull the side down of the crib so that if she needed to go to the bathroom she could climb out and go.

Cut to about 3 in the morning when I awake to noises next to my bed like usual for probably the last 3 months and realize that she has climbed out and taken her usual spot next to my bed. I don't even put the pillow and blankets away everyday because she seems to find her way in there every night. And the worst part is that she has to wake me up every time she comes in and keep me up until she FINALLY falls back to sleep. So I am trying to ignore her and just let her go back to sleep when she hops up and starts crying, informing me she has now gone pee pee in her pants......AAARRGGHHH! So after I get her changed and back in her bed I realize that Josey is also missing from her bed. I look back in my room and find her curled up in another corner of my room. Why can't people just sleep in their beds!!! Is my floor really that comfortable?! At least when Josey comes into the room she just brings a pillow and blanket and finds a clean patch of floor and goes back to sleep. I don't even know when she is in there. I can deal with that kind of middle of the night movement.

I try to stay sympathetic, reminding myself that she is very little and we have recently moved and that she is probably still adjusting to the whole change and the expectation of a new baby. She has been very clingy already and it has been very hard to stay patient and loving.

I am really getting tired (no pun intended) of this every night awaking. I SERIOUSLY have to get this thing nipped in the bud before this baby comes or Lilly is going to be in for a very rude awakening. She is going to be introduced to sleep deprived mommy and I don't think we are going to get along very well. Any suggestions out there?

No comments: