Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

This was the only picture we took before hand. Dustin snapped it while the girls were waiting on the stairs and then came and showed it to them to show them that Santa came. They were very excited. We had a wonderful lazy Christmas. We are getting used to being alone for Christmas and after the last few years of having it that way I think I am finally over feeling depressed during the day. There is something WONDERFUL about not having to get dressed ALL day and just having a total low key day only with your family to explore all the new fun things of Christmas. We literally didn't not get dressed or go out of the house ALL DAY!

Here are the girls on the stairs.
And if you look close you might see another shot of the baby in this one.


And here is some of the aftermath. Lilly refused to get in the picture.


She was too busy playing with her ponies to take a break. This is what she wanted from Santa SO bad. She kept telling me that she wanted ponies that you change hair with. Well Josey got some as well and happen to open hers first. You should have seen the look on Lilly's face. She looked at me and asked me if those were for her. And I had to say those were Josey and then frantically search for the box that was for Lilly.



Lilly lookin' like a "ROCKSTAR". She had her new rockstar skirt on and her rockstar hair and she was in heaven. She has had a bad cold hence the lovely rash right under her nose.

Maddy got the gift she NEVER thought she was going to get, a Nintendo DS. She told me that it was going to have to take her almost a year of allowance to save up for one of these and she was prepared to do it. And so when she opened it she was so excited. It was one of those Christmas moments you hope for on Christmas morning.
And Josey got one too. She was just as excited.
Afterwards I am rethinking it a bit. They have been glued to them for the last 2 days. I am letting it go as it is Christmas and a new toy but I have a feeling we are going to have to set some Nintendo DS boundaries soon.


And that is it for the Christmas pictures this year. It all goes by so fast! After we opened the presents Maddy sat there for a minute and then said, "Well now we have to wait a whole more year until next time." And all I thought was Hallelujiah! And that next year we would have an almost one year old with us! CRAZY!
I didn't get any pictures of the 12th day of Christmas from our grandma and grandpa Moyes. I forgot to pull the camera out on Christmas Eve after all the business of the day. I think I was too tired. But the girls got scripture marking pens and scripture bookmarks. And Dustin and I got a great set up Old Testament study aids. Thank you so much grandma and grandpa!
Stay tuned for a post on what my kids picked out for Dustin and I. They are the BEST gifts ever and I promise that you won't be able to not laugh.

1 comment:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

I have to say that Maddy is getting SO SO pretty...she really looks grown up. And I love Lilly's rockstar hair...so funny. And I love the picture of Maddy and Josey covered in wrapping paper. We miss you. Merry Christmas!!