Thursday, January 28, 2010

My baby isn't going to be my baby anymore.....

So! I am so excited to have another little baby to love. I have wanted to have this baby for a REALLY long time now (way longer than I have been pregnant) and am so excited to FINALLY have her here to hold. I wasn't sure for a long time if I would have another little one and I am just so so so happy that she is almost here. I am also excited to think (if Dustin and I have anything to do with it.....and I think we have a lot to do with it) this will be the last time I have to be pregnant! WOO HOO! So here are a few pictures of my current baby who was pretending to be the new baby in the new baby's new car seat!
It has been a little maddening to me because a couple of years ago we got rid of a lot of baby stuff....again. We got rid of the big strollers and just kept the umbrella strollers. We got rid of the car seat we got rid of the swing you get the idea. So it is killing me that I have to purchase so many things for 1 baby! Because I don't think there is going to be anyone else to pass them down to and it is so annoying! But she obviously needs a car seat and I was thrilled to find this car seat on clearance at Target the other day for %50 off! It wouldn't be the one I would have picked for my little baby girl.... but I guess that is the benefit of having a girl. You can kinda go either way with stuff, blue or pink, as opposed to having a boy.....you can't really go pink. And thanks to a gift card from my dad and his wife this Christmas we didn't have to pay a dime for it! So thanks for the car seat dad! And then I saw a stroller that the car seat can click into on clearance as well for half off and was able to use a bunch of prescription transfer coupons to get that for free as well! And they match to boot.

Here is Lilly showing me how cute she is going to be next to the baby in the car seat.

And here is Lilly's "cute" face. This girl can either take a really cute picture or a really scary picture.....you can decide where this picture falls.

This is Lilly today as we were getting ready to leave. She is obsessed with being a "ROCKSTAR". So she has to wear things that pass her rockstar criteria. This outfit passed the test and she was so proud of it. So I made her take a nice picture and then she was allowed to do a serious rockstar picture......


and here it is.....a little scary in my opinion.

She thought it was pretty awesome! She is going to be such a great big sister I just know it......that is what I keep telling her......and myself!

And if you want to see a REALLY scary picture then scroll down........




























































AAAAHHHHHH! Attack of the cankles and clubs! I have NEVER had swelling like this before with any pregnancy. In fact I don't really ever remember swelling much with ANY of my pregnancies, even with Josey who was born in the middle of the summer. And don't worry they have checked my urine and my blood pressure and everything checks out apparently so there isn't anything seriously wrong.....but actually...... this IS just WRONG! I know that many many women swell during their pregnancies, especially in their feet but I just haven't experienced this before. I have NO shoes that fit and it is the middle of winter! I would wear flip flops around but really I need to go get a pedicure first because I can't reach my toes and they are really really scary which is why I intentionally cut them OUT of the picture. If I do ANYTHING the next day my feet are huge and I can't walk very well. Yesterday I went to the store and cleaned my kitchen and made dinner and just tried to do the usual things and this morning when I got out of bed my feet ALREADY hurt. It is so annoying.


And here is my oldest baby who came home sick after school yesterday running a fever and hasn't been feeling well. I SERIOUSLY said to Dustin about 3 or 4 days ago that I couldn't remember the last time the kids were really sick and had to stay home from school and that it was great. He told me to not say that because someone is going to get sick and.....well he was right! I REALLY can't remember the last time Maddy was sick. She just doesn't get sick very often. But poor girl is not feeling well. I really really hope I don't get it though right now.....I don't think I could handle it.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Holy cankles Batman!! My feet swelled with all my pregnancies.

And you should check out Neon Trees on iTunes. They have a song called Animal - I think you would like it. The bassist of the band and his wife are kinda like family to Andrew and I.

JasonDebbie said...

My feet looked JUST like that when I was pregnant with mckenna. Its like fred flinstone feet, and kills to walk on! I always swell SOOOO badly when I'm pregnant, when my feet got this bad my blood pressure way way up also. My hands were also like the michelin man. Don't worry you arent a freak.:)

Liz said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Lilly in those pictures.