Tuesday, January 05, 2010

some of my thoughts....

Thought #1: So I have recommitted to the coupon world again. After taking a good 6 months off after moving and vacations and pregnancy woes and school starting etc. I have decided that I NEED to get organized and motivated again. I am tired of spending way too much at the grocery store for things that I need and my supply is GREATLY diminished. The only upside is that I have really been able to gage my three or six month supply of stuff. I was really surprised at how fast some of my stockpile items were used and how some are still sitting out there. It has given me a better idea of how much of certain products I really need to stock up on. SO! I went today and had a spectacular coupon visit to Albertsons that helped reignite the fire. Hopefully I can stock up as much as possible over the next 6 weeks until this baby decides to pop out. At which time I will probably be taking a minor break again.

Thought #2: Lilly is a sunbeam.....what the heck! Last Sunday Lilly started Sunbeams and it wasn't all bad but it wasn't quite as smooth as it could have been either. Since I lead the music it is virtually impossible for me to take care of her during certain parts of primary. So Dustin had to step in when she started making growling noises at her new teacher. Now she is not one of those kids that is yearning for nursery because for the last few months I haven't been able to get her to go there either. BUT once Dustin came and sat with her she did fine and was quickly volunteering for every opportunity she could to participate. Then daddy had to go to class and I quickly had a little sidekick with me. Luckily she kept quiet and behind me the whole time (as opposed to a couple weeks earlier where someone had to drag her out screeching and crying). I then walked with her to her class and once we got in there and her smart teacher whipped out the bag of toys and snacks and handed her a stuffed puppy and a My Little Pony, she looked at me and said, "BYE MOM!" and I quickly sprinted out of the room. Apparently she did great because I didn't see her for the rest of church and when she came out she had a Sunbeam crown on and a picture she had colored and was all smiles. Hopefully next week will go even better.

2 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

You are getting so close to having this baby, Jess. Hooray! I hope you are feeling well.
I am expecting a little one as well, although I'm not due until beginning of August. That sounds so LONG away.
Talk to you soon

Liz said...

So funny I also took a break from couponing. Between all the moves and everything else I was just too tired, but this last week I started up again and was very excited with all my deals.