Wednesday, January 06, 2010

back in the saddle again.....

So this post is more for me than anyone else. I am really trying to be motivated and keep going with my coupons. When I have a good trip to the store it motivates me and something about taking the picture of the loot makes me feel happy. SO! My trip to Albertson's today was a great one! Here is my stash..... 10lb bag of potatoes
one onion
20 Yoplait yogurts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 Skippy peanut butters
5 boxes of fruit snacks
2 whole chickens
2 boxes of bisquick
2 1lb bags of parmesan cheese
4 bags of Nature Valley Nut Clusters
1 bag of 18 ct cookies
1 box of big pasta shells
1 jar of honey

For a grand total of........$25.00

It made me happy. This was 1 hour at the grocery store and 4 transactions later but you have to do what you have to do right?

And Josey was having a great time helping me with the cutting the coupons and matching them up at the store. Lilly kinda helped but I think got distracted.... and yes that is my big fat pregnant body underneath her. Just deal with it people.


Here are a couple of funny things my kids have said lately:

Maddy: "You know the church is a place that really warms my heart. I was in the hallway and it was dark and I wasn't even scared!"

Lilly: I was trying to make her put her coat on to go outside and play in the snow the other day. It is a big thick coat. She told me that she didn't want to put it on because it would make her look fat. She said it was too poofy and made her look fat! I couldn't believe it! I assured her it doesn't make her look fat and then she asked me if it made her look like a cutie. I of course told her it would TOTALLY make her look like a cutie and so she was happy to put it on.

By the way she is obsessed with my pregnant belly but keeps asking me question about my "big fat belly". It always makes me feel really good! And she asked me if when the baby comes out if I was still going to have a big fat belly and frankly I wasn't sure how to answer that one!

2 comments:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Well wait to your NOT pregnant anymore and they ask you why you STILL have a BIG FAT BELLY! That makes you feel REALLY GOOD!

Liz said...

Lilly is hilarious!