Tuesday, February 02, 2010

not again....

So Maddy ended up with strep throat last week. Luckily I had a feeling it might be and got her in quick so I am hoping that we caught it before it spread. But I am so paranoid that I am going to get it or that the others are going to get it like next week! Which would just be PERFECT to welcome a new baby into.

So I have had a cold progressing for a little while now and I am finally at the stage of lots and lots of coughing. Which just really hurts right now and is really annoying. But I woke up this morning with a sore throat and I am so worried that it is going to be strep! PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME STREP RIGHT NOW! And my voice has started to go......which got me thinking about Lilly's birth and how I had lost my voice for a couple of weeks before the birth, still didn't have it back during the birth or for a week after the birth. It was the weirdest thing and really hard to seriously be able to do nothing but whisper for three weeks and during the birth of my baby. And I started thinking what if that were to happen to me again......how awful would that be and kinda funny ironic as well!
And here is my girls rudimentary blog. Dustin and I came home from a date to find this written on our easel. The girls decided to start writing Lilly's funny quotes. Makes me laugh.

5 comments:

Liz said...

I can not imagine not having a voice for three weeks, i hope that you get better real quick!!

Jill Johnson said...

I remember that! You didn't have a voice forever! Good luck. At least you will have a funny story to tell your girls!

Darrell and Alissa said...

I remember calling you and your kids would have to talk for you since your had no voice- it seemed like forever! Hopfully that won't happen this time. Crazy!

SMDStudio said...

I am so sorry you are sick. I hope you are better soon and it does not last long. How is your energy? Do you need some dinner?

Sarah said...

In case you didn't check your facebook, I posted this:

My friend had this on her status. She and her sisters are herbal nuts. Thought you could use it!

Cayenne pepper is amazing...why? It regulates blood pressure, stops bleeding before you can count to 10 (she tried it with a bloody nose), heals strep throat, helps acid reflux, any part of digestion, stops a heart attack in its process, cuts, and I have realized how much I like to drink it now! I thought it would be painfully hot to drink, but I was wrong! Try 1/4 tsp. to 1 cup. Cayenne should be taken daily.

Hope it helps with your crew and if anything else comes up!