Wednesday, May 05, 2010

the recreation

So here is the original picture back in 1977..... and here is my recreation now in 2010, same dress!...I didn't realize the little bow wasn't tied.
I was trying to see if I could take a similar picture! Isn't' it cute?
I included this one because it looks like she has my brothers mouth.



Then she got very enthralled with her little dress.
Here is one of me when I was a baby? Anyone think Ivy looks like me at all?
Then I tried to recreate a picture of Dustin....but I don't think she is quite old enough.




because here she is 5 seconds before she toppled over.....
** no babies were harmed the making of this post**

7 comments:

Liz said...

I love that you recreated the pictures. That is fun. SHe seems to smile so well.

Alli said...

I love that you still have the dress. I can't decide who she looks like more! but she sure is adorable

Abby said...

She is a very Good Mix.I Think she Looks Like You Threw The eyes. But she has Dustin's Mouth.. Too!! Cute!!!

Wendy said...

She is so cute! I love her smile.

Megan said...

I LOVED those shots! I couldn't decide what was more awesome--Dustin as a baby, or the couch he was lounging next to (we used to have couches like that--but when we moved to Utah, I forbade Karl from taking them with us)!

My fabric was pretty cheap--I just found it in the quilting section for about $6 a yard. It gets really wrinkly really fast, though. But it looks good, and if you make sure the covers fit pretty tightly, the fabric won't get too mushed. I may go back and tighten up a few covers, which are starting to look like bed pillows from how much Karl sits on them. He has no respect for throw pillows--he'll get up from the couch, and I'll find my pillows squashed into the couch cushions. Sigh.

Here's the link to the tutorial I used for my pillows! (I didn't do the extra sleeve, just the base cover.)

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/suede-pillow?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/pillow-projects#slide_14

Annie said...

Holy cow she is your little mini me! She is beautiful!

Katie Reall said...

She looks a lot like you! Beautiful!