Wednesday, June 23, 2010

the sun came out......so I am blogging again

Here are the only pictures I have taken in the last.....who knows how long and I didn't even take them. Dustin and the kids snapped these shots. I need to get my camera out more but well you know.






We have started our crazy summer and I need to start taking pictures. We have started the summer swim team and swim lessons and on Thursday Maddy and Josey start rehearsals for a new play. Maddy is in Alice and Wonderland as the White Rabbit and in Snow White as the evil Queens bratty daughter Ariana. And Josey is also in Snow White as Brainy dwarf. So everyday this summer we have somewhere we need to be. So far it is okay. I don't know if I am going to burn out in a few weeks but for now we are going strong and the girls are happy.


And just because everyone is interested, I am rejoicing. For 2 nights in a row now Ivy has slept for 10 hours, awakened, ate, and then gone back to sleep for another hour or so. Can I PLEASE get a hallelujah chorus. It is just amazing how much better I can deal with children and a fairly cranky baby when you have a semi-decent amount of sleep! Of course I still go to bed too late so I don't completely feel the full affects of her change in sleep patterns but both mornings I have had to get out of bed and check on her to make sure she was breathing. I just sincerely hope that this can continue on because I have been so incredibly sleep deprived these last 4 months and frankly I haven't been coping well. It is really my older children that have been suffering and then I feel really guilty.....you know just the life cycle of a mother.

4 comments:

Alli said...

Lilly looks so big compared to Ivy! I'm so glad she is sleeping.

Betsy Fox said...

Hi Jess,
Glad to see you back again.
Cannon was a HORRIBLE sleeper and I was so sleep deprived. I totally understand where you are coming from-- you just can't function properly when you aren't sleeping enough. I hope it does last and I'm betting it will. If she can do it twice, she can do it again. Good luck.

Amanda said...

Ryan and I got a good laugh out of Lilly sleeping picture..too cute. And that picture with Lilly and Ivy...oh my GOODNESS! She looks JUST like Dustin! it was crazy! I'm so glad that Ivy is sleeping for you!! it's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for you! I'm NOT looking forward to that!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Ivy looks adorable of course... and I am so glad you are getting the opportunity to sleep more! Lilly looks so different to me! She looks so grown up in these pictures... maybe the sun, puting color on her face? She looks like such a big girl, no baby face at all anymore. I love her hair- it reminds me of what I think Baylee's is going to look like in a few years!