Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm getting traded in...

So this morning Lilly and I were in my bed and she was just looking at me while I was feeding the baby. All of a sudden she says, "Mom you are getting old." I replied, "Really? How can you tell?" And she said it was because of all the freckles on my face and that my face looked old. She then followed this up with this comment, "Yeah.....and when we are through with you we will trade you in for a different mommy."..........I seriously didn't know how to respond to that? Aren't little girls supposed to love their mommies and not want a different mommy? She did say then that she was scared that she wouldn't see me when I was really old and died. So I guess that was some sort of consolation......it still hurts though;)

And on a funnier note I just wanted to give you all a funny mental picture. They are putting on a stake musical this year. It is going to be "Hello Dolly". So when I saw the flier I immediately thought of my sister and how much fun we would have doing it. So I brought home the flier and we were both so excited to try out. We decided that all our kids wanted to do it too. So a couple of Saturdays ago we piled everyone in my van.....me, Rebekah, Claudia, Maddy, Josey, Georgia, Lilly and the baby (Julia was sick) and we headed over to the auditions. Here is the mental picture. I want you to picture us all lined up smallest to biggest....(why are you picturing me at the back?) waiting our turn to perform. Honestly it was hilarious! All the little girls sang "The sun will come out tomorrow" from Annie, except Lilly who insisted on singing a Taylor Swift song and being a rock star. And then Claudia sang "Part of you World" from Little Mermaid. Rebekah sang "All that jazz" from Chicago. And I sang "I dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables. Beck and I had dreams of landing the main role as a shared part! How awesome would we have been to have been co-Dollys! Alas after we all spilled out creative guts in front of the judges they informed us that because our kids were participating that we would all be in the chorus together. Becky and I looked at each other and were thinking the same thing I am sure. We were thinking WHY DID WE BRING ALL OUR STINKIN KIDS!!! jk So we are in the chorus of Hello Dolly here in October with all our little self proclaimed prodigies and it's going to be the best darn Moyes/Hatch chorus ever (because we really do make up most of the chorus).

8 comments:

SMDStudio said...

Kids seriously put a damper on any mom's star potential. The two are just not meant to co-exist in a healthy fashion (I know Hollywood has kids - that's why I put in the "healthy" clause). ;>

Alli said...

when mom told me about this, i wanted to CRY because i wasn't there to try out with you. haha. What is WRONG with our family and just wanting to perform? P.s. since I'm so emotional right now, I'm pretty sure i would have cried through all the auditions because i would be so proud of all of you!

Alli said...

oh and you should ask Lilly who she would trade you in for. that is hilarious, and also sad at the same time. what do you do to her jess? jk.

Megan said...

Please let me be like you someday! I cannot believe you have FOUR kids (one of them a baby!) and you STILL get out and go audition for shows and things! I'm weeks away from baby #2 ansd I can't imagine how I'll even shower or leave the HOUSE, not to mention trying out for plays! I need a mental readjustment, that's for sure. :)

THE REBER FAMILY said...

I wish I could have seen it. You guys crack me up.

Amanda said...

K...that is SO cute that you guys all tried out! I would never EVER try to sing in bunch of lots of people..they would boo me off! But that is SO funny that they just put you guys in the chorus...seriously you all have BEAUTIFUL voices! Crazy people...but I think it's cool you all did it!

Liz said...

I could not stop laughing at this visual of all you guys walking in to the church to sing.

Liz said...

I could not stop laughing at this visual of all you guys walking in to the church to sing.