Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the cutest little girls on the block


A couple of weeks ago Maddy and Josey and Lilly begged me to have a lemonade stand. I said yes and they were elated! So we decided that Josey was going to make special brownies and Maddy was going to make cupcakes and Lilly would make the juice. They set up this whole stand in the morning with the piano bench and sign. They sat there almost all day! They were SO excited about this. So the morning of I realized that we needed cups and cupcake holders. So I told the girls that I would buy them for them on loan and they had to earn the 3 dollars back by doing extra chores for me! Aren't I a mean mom!?
It was a little slow going in the morning so of course I had to head down and buy a lot of my own baked goods.....funny how that works! I paid my kids to sell me the baked goods I bought and helped cook! But towards the end of the day business picked up! They were selling juice for 25 cents and baked goods for 50 cents and they ended up making 10 bucks! I think I might send them out there once a week.

2 comments:

Alli said...

so fun! how cute are they?! so did they make 10 bucks before or after you made them pay you back? haha. You should make them rent their spot on the sidewalk.

Amanda said...

Awww..I TOTALLY would of bought tons of food from them! How cute! Isn't it funny though..We had a super busy corner in Prosser and so AShlynn and her friend one day made $16 bucks (it was over 100 degrees too!) I was like, SWEET, income!!