Thursday, August 19, 2010

crawling cutie

Ok......so I should reword that to almost crawling cutie. But STILL! kinda crazy! She was six months on Monday! She is such a little tiny thing that I am starting to have to feed her formula in addition to my nursing. She is a nursing machine but she isn't gaining very much..... she only weighs 13 1/2 pounds! This means she is only in the 10% for her weight. She is still on the tall side though so that is pretty good. So, much to my chagrin I am having to supplement with bottles. She started solids this month as well and is SOO funny. She doesn't much care for baby food but LOVES anything us big people are eating. But here she is about ready to crawl. I don't know how I feel about this. It is always fun and exciting to see your baby figure out how to do something new but frankly my floor isn't clean enough to have a little one everywhere! And Lego's and polly pockets are definitely going to have to be all picked up constantly.
She pops up and rocks back and forth........now if she can just figure out how to move those arms at the same time she will quit face planting into the carpet!



You are so cute Ivy Mae...even though you pooped on the couch today.....wouldn't you like to know which cushion!

5 comments:

Abe Fox said...

Wonderful pictures....wonderful Ivy! You know, we are (hopefully) planning a Thanksgiving Portland area trip.....and of course we would LOVE to get together if possible. Will you guys be in town (the Wednesday before Thanksgiving)?

Betsy Fox said...

Wow, I can't believe she is already getting mobile! She's a cutie!

Amanda said...

crawling? CRAWLING? What? It makes me feel like it was SO long ago then that we visited you!! sniff sniff...I wish we were still closer! But what a cutie cutie!

Megan said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!! My daughter pooped on the couch as well a few days ago--my 2-YEAR-OLD (so you can imagine the damage that was done!!). And this was in front of my old roommate, who was enjoying every minute of my little family drama while I ran around with wet soapy towels and the laundry detergent (thank goodness my old roomie is the eldest of six kids--she wasn't nearly as horrified and grossed out as I would have been in her place). All I can say is, bless you, Karl, for insisting on stain-guarding our couch! $100 well spent.

THE REBER FAMILY said...

OH LIFE WITH KIDS!!! Wow she is so CUTE! I'm so sad I've never met her. Maybe by the time she's 5 we will also live down the street. =) I can't believe she's crawling! Will just ROLLS everywhere. But he's pretty fat so I guess its just easier. LOL.