Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Allie and Ivy

So we finally had Ivy's first birthday party with her cousin Allie. Allie's birthday is the day before Ivy so I foresee many many birthday celebrations together! Ivy was a little confused with the singing and wasn't even sure what to do with her very own cake. So daddy had to help her out a little.
Some of the cousins digging in.


I realized that I didn't get a good picture of Allie and Ivy together. I never seem to snap one of them together. I need to do that soon!





She finally understood that it was okay to DIG in!










Then her whole arm got frosting on it and apparently that was too much for her!
I thought this was funny cause she kept reaching over to touch Allie's hair and kept getting little bits of frosting in it.
Then the Hatch's went home and it was time to open presents. Dustin was able to video chat with his parents which was really fun cause they got to see her open her presents! But Ivy was very intrigued the whole time with the phone.
She got a ball.....

....a baby.....

....an adorable blanket made by Grandma Moyes......
some bubbles, some clothes, and from grandma Beth the cute little ladybug outfit and the little ladybug build-a-bear. She was a happy little one year old.
So here are the things I can remember about my little Ivy right now:
She loves to walk holding our fingers.
She has mastered "uh-oh" and loves to play that game over and over again.
She blows kisses.
She gives kisses......with her mouth closed!!! Hallelujah!
She will give "loves" or hugs under much prodding.
She waves bye bye and hi.
She is in love with EVERY baby and will carry them around everywhere.
She loves anything sweet.
She loves to play peek-a-boo and even tried to cover her own eyes which usually results in her covering her own ears.
She loves the kitties.
She knows what a fishy says and loves to do it.
She even said CRACKER the other day! I was amazed!
She HATES the doctor!!!
And last but not least.....she loves her daddy. She is my first and only daddy's girl. It has been so funny to watch. The other three girls were always momma's girls. But given the choice Ivy will always choose daddy over mommy. If we are in the same room it is always daddy who she crawls to first and as soon as he walks in the door she is in daddy's arms as quickly as possible. It is really adorable. But I have to say not having a daddy's girl before it is a little confusing for me. I am used to being the primary caretaker for my girls and therefore it is understandable why they would be more attached to me in the beginning. And this whole daddy thing is baffling to me! Don't get me wrong I think Dustin is a great daddy but come on......who changes the majority of the diapers.......who feeds her 99% of the time..,.....who plays with her during the most of the day and who usually puts her to bed?????ME! But the choice has been made and I am going to have to live with it!
There are a few more pictures on Dustin's phone. I will post those when I get them downloaded!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! let's skype so we can see each other!

Alli said...

how adorable. i love that she apparently got her own cake? I can't believe they are just one year apart. I need to get my booty up there to see you guys. everyone has changed sooo much!