Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Grown up furniture

So I have pretty much finished decorating my dining room. There are a few more things I would like to do but for now I think it is a 100% improvement! I wish I had a before picture but I don't. But I even had a friend come in and say, "You have grown-up furniture!" That pretty much sums it up! And I love it and can't wait to eventually decorate the other rooms in my house and feel like we actually have a home and not just a house we live in! So here is the grand unveiling......but first......my new obsession! Cool chickens!!!!! I love these and want to start collecting them I think. But they have to be funky and cool!


And here is my new and improved dining space! (I need to hem the curtains still).









3 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

Jess, it looks beautiful! Well done.

JasonDebbie said...

Totally cute! I know what you mean, i'm still waiting for our bedroom to be "grown up", we have a totally small broken dresser with mismatched handles, a HUGE and OLD TV that takes up so much space, and we've never had an actual bed, after almost 11 years. Your decorating is really cute on that table!

Megan said...

I love it!!! And feel free to not hem the curtains--I think curtains that puddle on the floor look so elegant. Though curtains that puddle on the floor of a room that's eaten in MIGHT not be the wisest idea, come to think of it....