Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I "heart" craigslist

Here is my fantastic Craigslist find! We have been needing a new table for .....oh, I don't know.......10 years!jk But we were in serious need of new chairs and a table. Our chairs were bought about twelve years when Dustin and I were first married! And they were breaking left and right. Half of them were held together with duct tape and I decided to try and paint them.....that didn't go so well either. SO! I convinced Dustin that I could at least find new chairs for 300 dollars and he agreed so I started looking on Craiglist and this is what I stumbled upon. The table and all 6 chairs for $380! And I was able to haggle it down to $320! I am so excited to have a real table and nice chairs!




Doesn't it look perfect in my space?! I just love it and am so thankful to my fabulous husband for loading it all up last night for me even though he had a man cold (and we all know how terrible those can be!) But seriously he was really not feeling well and I really appreciate all his work for me.
Now I need a few more accessories and some drapes or something to finish off the little nook! And thanks mom for giving me the push to actually get it! Who wants to come for dinner??

5 comments:

Alli said...

that is a great find!! i can NEVER find anything on craigslist here.... unless you want southwest style

Jaime said...

That is amazing. I am like Alli and never have any luck.

Alli said...

by the way, check out my friend's blog: nattybydesign.blogspot.com. look what she did to her craigslist dining room table and chairs! it would be so fun. especially because you have tons of time.

Katie Lofts said...

Man colds are the worst! We were just talking about those at our RS activity. Hahaha! I LOVE craigslist too! It's the best! Good find on the table and chairs! They do look great in that space too!

Megan said...

Man colds are the last threshold before death--you know that, right???

Whereas mom colds are a few sniffles in an otherwise sunny summer afternoon. Which is why moms with colds never get a sick day to lie on the couch with chicken soup and a Jane Austen movie, because there's no way they could be THAT sick! They got up, dressed and fed the kids, ran errands, and made dinner! No sick person could do that!

This pretty much explains my week.

LOVE the table and chairs! Doesn't "real" furniture make you feel like a grownup? We have one--ONE!--piece of "real furniture in our house. The rest are hand-me-downs and finds on Craigslist. Oh, and a shelf I stole from BYU at 10:00 pm one night (the rest of the week, I was CERTAIN the BYU Honor Code Office would call me in). I will never get rid of that shelf. :)