Monday, May 02, 2011

mommies in training

Every year the girls look forward to take your child to work day. Probably just as much for going to work with daddy as getting out of a day of school. So Thursday night we were all in the kitchen and girls brought up that it had been take your child to work day that day and that like half their class was gone. I hadn't realized it was that day and though Dustin knew that it was, he also knew that he wasn't going to have time to take them that day. So the girls were a little disappointed but understood and he promised that they would do it another day and he would take them all downtown and show them a fun time in the city. BUT! Then I had a thought. Daddy wasn't the only one with a job. I HAVE A JOB TOO! And so I asked them if they wanted to come to work with me the next day and they could be mothers assistants. They were SO excited. I told them that they could decid what we were eating for all the meals and they could help take care of the babies and of course miss school. I couldn't believe how excited they were. They were up at 5 in the morning making breakfast for everyone.....of course no one was awake until around 7 but they were THAT excited. Maddy came in my room and took the baby monitor out so that they could hear Ivy when she woke up and they brought me breakfast in bed and got Ivy up and I didn't even hear a peep! They fed her and changed her diapers and played with her. Then we all headed to the store to shop for our meals on a list that they had put together. It was a very fun day and by the end of it I think they were ready to not be mommies anymore! They were asking for their break time. I told them they had to wait until the baby was down for a nap or asleep for the night! They didn't like that very much!! They even picked out Ivy's clothes and got her all dressed for the day.

I think they are going to be GREAT mommies someday and I am so proud of them. I think I might want to keep them home everyday!

5 comments:

Alli said...

seriously? that is the cutest thing I have ever heard. You are one smart working woman!

Amanda said...

That is sooooo cute! I bet it was nice for them to take Ivy in the morning...now if only I can train Ashlynn and Ryder to do that for Reece...:) What a fun idea and such a great person to job shadow! you are such an awesome mom! miss you guys!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

What a cute Idea! You are almost ready to have a BABYSITTER! Thats AWESOME!

Clark Fox said...

You know, Jess... there is this crazy thing called homeschool...

Betsy Fox said...

Sorry, I was signed in as Clark.