Monday, August 20, 2007

We had such a good time in California last week and I finally found my camera and changed the batteries so I could get my pictures off. I decided that since the drive was supposed to be 9 and a half hours that we were going to make the drive fun. I figured that I am probably going to be driving this road fairly often to go visit grandma and cousins so I wanted to start making the drive more enjoyable and more of a fun tradition rather than the awful drive. So I tried to stop anywhere I thought might be fun and just get out and enjoy ourselves. The drive lasted twelve hours but I think we enjoyed ourselves and we found some fun places that I intend to stop everytime we drive down. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture. It was the cutest thing ever! We stopped at Lake Siskyou on the way down to strectch our legs and see the water. We were walking down to the lake and the older girls were way down in front of me. I wanted to take a picture of them walking down to the lake. So I got my camera out and I yelled to them to stop for a minute and let me take a picture. I could hear Lilly saying "cheese, cheese, cheese" as I was getting my camera ready but I wasn't really paying much attention. As I lifted it up I realized that Lilly was running towards the girls into the frame and I told the girls to hold on a minute because I wanted to see if I could get Lilly into it as well. She seriously walked right in front of them turned around made this pose and said, "cheese" and waited for me to take the picture! Is that not the cutest picture! I couldn't believe it. I guess I have another one that loves the camera and loves to pose.
My favorite picture from the trip. Look at all those girls! We were only missing Caitlyn and we wish that she could have been there. It would have been so much fun to have all the little girly cousins together. Baby Ryan was there as well but he is so little I didn't get him in many pictures. Definately next time we will have to get a picture of him with all his girls cousins around him. Good thing he has another boy cousin on the way in a couple of weeks. Lucky for them they will have each other!

Claudia (9) amd Maddy (7) once again maddy is making a very flattering pose.
I am SO sad that I didn't get a picture of Julia and Joselyn. They played so well together the whole week. Beck and I both commented that we felt like we didn't even talk to them the whole week because they were off playing the whole time. Maddy played a lot with Julia too but this is the only picture I have of Julia (6) and Joselyn (5) together.
Georgia (2) and Lilly(1) hopefully next time Lilly will be old enough that she will actually WANT Georgia to play with her.


Maddy loved little Bear (baby Ryan) and I meant to get a picture of her with him because she would just play with him and play with him all week. But my camera ran out of batteries and I kept forgetting to buy more so this is the only picture I have with the both of them.



We had our little DVD player in the car on the way down. Since we were in the car the movie was right in front of Lilly and she loved it. She won't stop asking me for a movie now. But she was so sick that I brought the movie player in from the car and would set it up on the bed in our room and let her just watch it. She seriously would just lay there and watch it over and over again. As long as Nemo was on she was good. I would check on her every few minutes but she just layed there and watched Nemo a lot. It was pretty cute.
Doesn't she look comfy?
We pulled out Becky's blow up pool one day and the girls had a blast "swimming" until they popped it. I think it was the nine year old and the seven year old trying to slide down that did it.
Josey was cold and went to get warm on the cement and Lilly thought that was a good idea too. She was having a little trouble laying down like Josey though.





We went to a place called Someplace Fun one day to get the kids out of the house. It had tons of jumpy things and games to play and a big carousel in the middle that the girls LOVED. I wish that Maddy's hair had been out of her face for this picture because it is realy cute. Oh well.


Grandma laying down with Lilly getting her to take a rest. She layed with grandma for over an hour I was shocked!





I love this picture because Lilly looks SOOOO fat!
This is pretty much how the week went for Lilly and Georgia. Georgia trying to play with and love Lilly and Lilly resisting with all her might to get anywhere near Georgia!
Just thought you might like to see Maddy's face REALLY close up!
I love this picture! They are soo cute and Maddy is such a great big sister.
This is a make-up job done be Joselyn and her idea to add the sparkly scarf and necklace. This is also her most favorite dress that we wear probably four times a week and she HAS to bring everywhere we go. She insisted on only packing skirts and dresses to bring with us. I did throw in a pair of shorts and pants just in case when she wasn't looking.What a girly girl , I love it!






2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow Jess, it looks like you guys had a great time! I am glad you took the plunge and drove those 12 hours! It is always worth it when you get there, and I love the idea of taking it slow and enjoying the drive! You are such a good mom!

Heidi said...

Looks like alot of fun Jessica. What great pictures!!