Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First Day of School!

Well the day has come and they were both off to school today! They looked so cute in their little matching outfits that they LOVE! They both start school at 8:00 which meant we were up at 6:45 because it takes about ten to fifteen minutes to get out to the school. I hate mornings. But we all got there on time. Next week thank goodness they will be taking the bus and I won't have to worry about getting dressed and stuff. Josey was pretty nervous this morning and she kept saying that she wasn't sure if she could go because she was afraid that her tummy was going to hurt (does that sound like anyone mom?). But when I would say that maybe we wouldn't go then she was quick to say that maybe she should just try it! She got there and couldn't wait for us to leave and was all ready to be a kindergartener and jumped right in. It was hilarious/sad though because as we were out in the hall hanging up her backpack this little boy ran out of the kindergarten class next to her screaming for his mom. When I say screaming I mean SCREAMING blood murder for his mom. Everybody stopped and looked because you couldn't help it and all the little kindergarteners looked like they were wondering what the teacher did to that kid and when it was going to happen to them. Anyway Dustin came and so he got to see Maddy's classroom and drop Joselyn off. Maddy was very excited about that. Kinergarten gave me just enough time to go home feed Lilly make a grocery list and go grocery shopping which was HEAVENLY with just a little baby! And I barely made it back in time to pick up Joselyn. I was actually the last parent there and I felt kinda bad but Joselyn was having a great time with her teacher. Mrs. Livermore is the sweetest lady and I already love her. Joselyn even got her first Beaver Bravo (the school awards) for begin responsible and respectful. She was very very excited about that and I was very proud of her. Anyway here are the fun pics! Maddy and Josey get to go out on the playground together which I find very comforting for both of them. It might hinder them from making and playing with other friends but I just love that they have eachother out there to always find and play with if they are feeling lonely.
Joselyn's brown school shoes. She LOVES these shoes and wants to wear them with everything. She thinks they look like polly pocket shoes.
What a lady-like stance.
I swear I fixed those red eyes but I put the wrong pictures on. Oh well.
Take a guess whether or not the headband stayed on all day.....your right it didn't!
Maddy's classroom.

Josey had no idea what that typewriter was. Isn't it funny how times change. There were so many things to see and do in her room it is like a big indoor playground. It made her really excited to have all the different things to play with. She said she made a new friend named Austin and they played firefighters and house together.
Had to throw one in there.

Joselyn is most excited about all the pets in her room.
They let the bunny hop around the classroom occasionally I guess. I thought that was pretty cool.


3 comments:

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

I love their matching outfits! I can't believe Josey is already going to school. She was a baby when we got married, and that wasn't very long ago!

Heidi said...

the outfits are adorable---sounds like a great first day! That's cool that Josey has pets in class!

Steve said...

THat picture of Josey up close is so cute.