Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Recipes

I was tagged by Alissa to give three recipes, so here goes. I am really not a great cook but these recipes are ones that I know work and taste YUMMY!

Sweet and Sour Meatballs (wedding meatballs)-All of my sisters and pretty much all of my moms friends children have had these at their weddings. I make them occasionally for my family at home because they are just really good.

2lbs hamburger
1/2 cup dry onions (soaked in a little water)
1 egg
1 1/2cups bread crumbs
1 cup waterchesnuts, chopped

Mix together and shape into 1" balls. Bake in oven on cookie sheet for about 40 min. (turn at least once)

SAUCE
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice (drained from two large can chunks)
2cups vinegar
3cups sugar
4Tbs soy sauce
6Tbs cornstarch

Make sauce by heating till thick (dissolving cornstarch with a little cold liquid and adding before mixture gets too hot).
Add pineapple chunks and meatballs after sauce is thick. Can be frozen in sauce or meatballs frozen in bags and sauce made at last minute


Taco Soup-This one is REALLY REALLY easy and a recipe that I got from a friend Gretchen many years ago but my family STILL loves it.

1/2 pkg taco seasoning
1 can chili
1/2 lb hamburger
1 can corn
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 can chopped green chilis

Add it all together and there you go. I told you it was easy. We usually put chips at the bottom of our bowls, then load up the soup and top with sour cream, avocado and cheese.

Chinese Chicken Salad -This is my moms recipe and it is a little involved but well worth it! SO YUMMY!

Dressing:
1/2 cup peanut oil
3Tbs white vinegar
2tsp. sugar
1tsp. dry mustard
salad mustard to taste
sesame oil (1.2 cup+)
1/2tsp pepper
1-2 Tbs mayo
1tsp salt

Ingredients:
1/2 head of cabbage
2 chixken breasts
3 scallions
swiss cheese (cut into chunks)
1/2cup walnuts
grapes
1 pkg top ramen noodles (last)
3/4cups frozen peas (last)


Hope I helped somebody with a dinner in the future. I know I will be taking the recipes off of everyone elses blog and throwing it into the mix of my dinner group......have I told you all how AWESOME that is by the way?

3 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

Thanks for the recipe's! I'm going to try them out- Taco soup is sounding so yummy~!

Williams Fam said...

Yea!!! These sound soooo good, and need some new recipes to cook!! Thanks Jess!

Heidi said...

Oooh, the meatballs sound really good--I will have to try those.