Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year Goals

Okay for some reason I feel this obsessive compulsion to have everything in order for the new year. Maybe it is because the girls go back to school on Wednesday or something but I HAVE to have a clean house by tomorrow. So my goal today is to have every single stitch of dirty clothes washed, folded, and put away by midnight (that last part about actually getting them all put away is really the key). That is including every sheet on every bed and every pillow case, every towel, every blanket, every dirty coat. It is probably going to take me all day, because just as I think I am getting down to the last load I seem to find more and more laundry. As I was going through Josey's drawers pulling out some stuff that didn't fit or was not appropriate for winter I found like four pairs of dirty pants and three shirts! I don't know what is worse. Josey putting her dirty clothes back in her drawers or Maddy putting her clean clothes that were left on the floor in her dirty clothes. Either way it needs to stop! I also don't want to get up in 2008 with any dish dirty either. I also want to shampoo my carpets before I go to bed tonight. I can't clean them though until the girls go to sleep so I have to wait until 8. Can you tell we have no big plans. I will miss the our friends the Johnson's annual New Year's Eve party. We had a lot of fun last year. Maybe it is something I will have to start here! But as for this year I will be spending the day cleaning and getting things ready for 2008 and Dustin will be spending the day working to make his billables for 2007! Hope everyone else is having fun! I will let you know if I actually accomplished all my tasks. Oh...... and I have to get this little monster clean.

4 comments:

JasonDebbie said...

Amen, I swear laundry NEVER ends. Just when I think I'm done with clothes, its time for sheets, then clothes right after, the towels, the clothes, etc.....and it lasts until the end of time. :) Last year I went to bed at 11pm so I know what you mean by not having any plans. Jason and I's big plans are to watch a movie and maybe I can actually stay up until midnight this year! I went to bed last night at 9 so who knows if I can acutally stay up tonight. I miss you guys, lets plan a summer trip to L.A or san diego or something, we can stay a few days on the beach that would be fun!

Heidi said...

Like I just posted on Alissa's blog, you've inspired me with your goals. I too wanted to start off 2008 with a clean house, but I don't know if that will happen. We have missed Johnson's party the last 2 years, so we are definitely excited to be going---you will be missed!!

Maybe I'll be up late cleaning tonight as well!!! Good luck with all your laundry--let us know if you get it all done :)

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Once you are done at your house...you are welcome to come here!
j/k

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Hey I was an OCD cleaner Christmas Eve too....bless Jeff for helping....but I realy didnt get it all done till today.....WEDNESDAY. and it will all be messy tomarrow!.....sigh!