Friday, February 15, 2008

hohhh--puuuurr

Well if you look at when I am posting this you will notice that it is shockingly early in the morning. I am not awake because I needed to get up or because I am a natural early riser but I CAN'T BREATH!! I developed asthma when I was like 25 or something out of the blue. Never had it before and then BAM my oxygen supply is cut off. It is so annoying. And as I have gotten older it has gotten worse. The fact that I am allergic to dust and trees doesn't bode well for any living conditions that aren't in a bubble. So despite the fact that I have to take two different medications everyday and carry around an inhaler in a holster I still wake up at 3:00 in the morning not able to breath. I have come to the conclusion recently that I think this is how I am going to die. Can anyone think of many things that are more annoying? The best part is that in about four hours my kids will be up and there is no school tomorrow. yeah......

ANYWAY, I was bored and checking blogs and my sister-in-law tagged me (and I am assuming I get to pick either of your tags to copy). So here goes at 3:30 in the morning.

A: The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. B: Each player answers the questions about themselves. C: At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

10 Years Ago: I had just moved home from BYU for the semester biding my time until Dustin returned from his mission in July, working at a mortgage company. I decided to take the winter off and move back to California and work for a variety of reasons. I think my mom was so in favor of it because it got me away from the guy I was dating (who she never liked. She was always a big fan of Dusti-poo).

On My To-Do List: Go to the store tomorrow with all three of my kids (there is no school) and buy the ingredients for cheesecake, get a salad for ten, and two dozen rolls. This is my assignement for our Valentines adult dinner for the ward tomorrow night. You may wonder why I didn't do these things prior to the day I would have all my kids with me? Payday folks, payday is the answer. Then we get to head into Portland to meet Dustin for lunch and then come home assemble the food stuffs and start cleaning my house for the babysitter.

5 places that I've lived: Cucamunga, CA; Downer's Grove, IL; Mountain Lakes, NJ; Las Vegas, NV; and Oregon City, OR

5 jobs I have had: Ice Crean scooper at Loard's Ice Cream Shoppe, Checker at Long's Drug Store, Server at the Rising Loafer Cafe, Apartment Manager for The Firs (Or better titled The Crazies and The Non-English speakers), and my current job, a scheduling cooridnator for a wholesaler representative manager with Prudential American Scandia (did I make that sound official enough?)

What I would do if I became a billionaire: First thing would be to pay off all these stinkin student loans. And let me tell you that would be a happy day indeed. Then I would want to pay off all our siblings student loans because it is such a burden. Then I think that I would buy homes for all our family (or at least those that didn't already own them or didn't want a new one). Then I would buy a brand new van that has those cool swivel seats and the satellite tv hooked up. Oh the things that excite a mother of three little ones. Take a vacation somewhere REALLY fun for a LONG period of time. And I would probably donate to the church a big chunk, that one probably should have come earlier. I would invest a lot of it. Then I would call my employer and tell her to take my job and shove it so that I could sit around and figure out how I wanted to spend my money! jk But I would tell my mom to quit her job!

Bad habits: I am not sure that I have any GOOD habits! Watching too much tv at night. There are too many good shows that I like to watch. Starting books and never finishing them, it has to be REALLY good. Too many to list.

Things I enjoy: Spending time with my husband. Road trips. A REALLY good book. Going on field trips with my kids or helping out in the classroom (I love to see my children in these settings). Going to the movies. Dinner group.

Things people don't know about me: I am not a natural red-head. jk For a while in college I wanted to follow in my grandfather's footprints and become a geologist and travel to Alaska looking for oil. When I couldn't remember what a luvial fan was or three quarters of the rest of the stuff I learned I thought maybe that wasn't for me. Then I thought maybe I would be a marine-biologist. That lasted for all of a couple of weeks. I know NOTHING about the ocean life. Then I thought I would be a teacher. Hated the classes and changed majors to a Pyschology major but kicked around Poitical Science and Theater major. I finally settled on the very lucrative and "high potential for a job" major of History.

Alrighty then. I am going to try and go back to sleep. That was fun, thanks Liz. I tag NONE of my sister since NONE of them blog more often than once a month if I am lucky (lame). So I tag, Debbie, Wendy, Gretchen, and Rachel (that is you Bentley).

5 comments:

BethReberFrancis said...

Good morning honey,
I am so sorry your asthma has kicked in. But, leave it to you with your sense of humor, to still make me laugh while you are suffering. Thank you for wanting to take care of me with your millions. Nothing would make me happier than to quit work and spend more time with you and your brother and sisters and my sweet grandchildren. I love you, I'll call you soon.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain on the asthma/allergies thing! I absolutely freak out when I have to deal with it, and it kind of scares Rob, because he is the king of never being sick.

I remember Alli saying once that every guy you dated was named Dustin or Justin. Was that true? I think we were like 12.

Yeah if you could help me with my blog html that would be awesome! My email is marisa@byu.net. Thanks Jess!

Anonymous said...

2 more things:

1. Yeah what's up with your lame sisters never blogging?

2. Rob was a history major too!

Wendy said...

Wow, Jess. That must be so miserable for you to not be able to sleep! I am so sorry!
But I did love reading all about you.

Darrell and Alissa said...

One word- SINGULAIR!!