Monday, February 18, 2008

Mormon Idol

Is anyone surprised by this?

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695254151,00.html

If you have been watching American Idol this season I think that you could deduce that Brooke White was Mormon by the fact that she has never seen a rated R movie and doesn't drink or smoke or drink coffee. But David Archuleta I didn't know was Mormon. The funny thing is when I watched him sing and they interviewed him I told Dustin that I REALLY liked him. He seemed like the nicest kid and could really sing. He then was so polite to the judges in every situation and we both commented on what a nice kid he was. We should have guessed! Isn't it funny how that works sometimes. It is like Mormon's have mordar (mormon radar) or something. The other day we were walking back from the park and this family pulled up to their house down the street from us. Josey and Mikayla (the little girl) recognized each other from kindergarten. They had just moved in a couple of weeks earlier. Well they proceed to get their four children out and they were really nice and friendly. I started thinking that they maybe were Mormon but then I realized that I hadn't seen them at church and Mikayla started in Josey's class a couple of weeks ago. Well we went to stake conference that next Sunday and lo and behold who did we see there.......Mikayla and her family. They are Mormon! I KNEW IT! They said they were thinking the same thing about us but weren't quite sure. They just hadn't been to our ward yet because of their recent move. Anyway I love that we can pick out Mormon people because of our friendliness and curtiousness. Now I know this isn't always the rule but it comes pretty close!

3 comments:

BethReberFrancis said...

4 kids, now that's a dead giveaway! hehe

Darrell and Alissa said...

We really like the David guy- I didn't know until reading your blog that he was mormon.

Alli said...

okay, those were hilarious! i love it. i love how they both just LOVE star wars. they are so you.