Thursday, March 13, 2008

time change= tired mommy

So I dont know about you all but the time change has been killing me.....STILL! I am not a natural morning person and I feel like I had just trained my body to be up by seven without feeling like I want to kill somebody. Then we had to move the clocks forward and now I can't get out of bed in the morning to save my life.....or to get my kids on the bus. So on Tuesday I seriously could not get out of bed AND my girls were still asleep by 7:45 and since the bus comes at 7:30 they obviously didn't make it. I told Maddy mommy wasn't feeling well and asked her to help with Lilly and that her and Josey could take a day off of school. I know, I know, not the BEST parenting ever. So I finally rolled out of bed at 9:00 and we went to the mall and walked around and played the day away and they were very happy. They kept asking me if I was feeling better now and Josey thought she was getting my cold. Curiously I don't think anyone will be getting mommy's "cold" anytime soon. But they were getting creative as I was working that afternoon entertaining themselves and they decided to give one of Josey's new bunny stuffed animals a surprise party. My girls seriously crack me up sometimes with the things they come up with. So they had decorations and presents hidden all around the room and they even had games planned for the bunny. Here they are playing some sort of game with the broom.
Here are some of the surprise guests and the presents hidden around the room.
And some of their very strategically placed decorations. They spent an hour just cutting out easter eggs to tape up on the wall. I even had to go into the room and hide and wait for bunny to come in and then yell surprise. I am sure bunny was very surprised. They had a good time though and it kept them busy!
Here is a random picture of Lilly walking around the house in my shoes. She loves to dress up and asks for a dress almost everyday and then HAS to have shoes with it. She found mommy's shiny shoes and she LOVED them.
Pay no attention to the mismatched chairs and table in the background, or the fact that I have one chair that is half black. It was a project gone bad. Now you know why we never entertain.

4 comments:

JasonDebbie said...

I know what you mean, I hate getting out of bed in the morning and sometimes it feels like you literally cannot move enough to get up and nothing matters enough to get out of bed. Luckily we don't have the time change in AZ, i was GLAD to get rid of daylight savings! And I don't think that chair looks bad, you should paint the whole thing black, it would look good!

Wendy said...

So funny! I love how they just believe that you had a cold, and they never question it! I love kids. I love the picture of Lilly with the shoes on. So adorable!

Amanda said...

I HATE daylight savings time too. I am not a morning person at all..I don't even try to be any more. When Ash was waking up at 5 I was get so MAD because I was tired and she would go nonstop all day and I just wanted to sleep in..until like 7 at least! If ryder is sleeping in until 8 I just make ash lay with me and tell her it's too early to get out of bed....!!!

Sarah said...

I honestly feel cheated this time of year. How dare they take an hour from me. No matter how hard I try to make a point, I don't think my staying in bed is going to convince anyone to keep daylight savings from begining. Ugh!