Friday, July 18, 2008

Our Birthday Celebration

I think Josey had a great day yesterday. We just packed the day full of fun things for her 6th birthday. If you were not reading my blog last year at this time you can, click here, and you might understand the obsessive behavior of my middle child ESPECIALLY regarding her birthday. This year was no different. She wanted to talk about her birthday everyday for the last 2 months. Daddy finally grew tired of it and so I was Josey's only sounding board for what she wanted to to on her birthday. After bursting her bubble that we were not going to go swimming, bowling, to an amusement park, Chuckie-Cheese, a sleepover, rollerskating, out to lunch, and have a surprise party....for herself, we narrowed it down to Chuckie-Cheese and swimming. I usually leave a present by the bed so when they wake up in the morning they can open up one present. It is an outfit for them to wear on their birthday. So since Josey LOVES getting dresses up she got a pretty birthday dress to wear. By the time I woke up she was already dressed and had been decorating downstairs with balloons and streamers. She came into my room and asked if there was anything I wanted to say to her! She is so funny. After thinking for a minute I wished her a happy birthday and she was very pleased. We decided that Josey wanted to make the cake. So she wanted chocolate cake with rainbow frosting. And she and Lilly had lots of fun "making it their own". And yes that is a fairy doll and littlest pet shop and a jewel stuck in there. Hey, she loved it right?We then went swimming at a new pool we hadn't been to with a water slide and a whirlpool. The girls had tons of fun. This is why Josey looks like she was crying. Her eyes are all bloodshot from the pool. This picture is so my kids! Each of their poses captured them exactly at 8, 6 and 2. I know I know, my 2 year old still has a bottle, get over it!

I realized that instead of going to Chuckie-Cheese and having to eat the gross pizza that will barely fill our whole family, we could actually eat at Red Robin and THEN go to Chuckie-Cheese and play the games for the same price it would have cost us just to go to Chuckie-Cheese (I had coupons) so we talked Josey into that. When we told her that they usually gave ice cream and sang to the birthday people, she was all over that. This is her getting sung too.
They even had Red Robin come out and join in the singing. To be honest I didn't know that they had a Rec Robin mascot but they definitely picked someone with the right legs.


We then headed over to Chuckie-Cheese and had tons-o-fun. These are some of the prizes that the girls picked.
Then we headed home for cake and ice cream and present opening.

Josey got some really random presents this year but she loved them. I will admit that half of them came from the thrift store but I KNEW she would love them and figured she could spend her birthday money on a toy that she really wanted from the store if I didn't get it for her. We did give Lego's a try this year and I think she likes them. They are the pink girly ones. She also got the Cootie game. Does anyone remember playing that as a kid? There were others but these tow were her favorite:
I promise she was excited but this was at about 9:30 and she was POOPED! She loved this random book and this little snow globe though. I knew she would!

5 comments:

Alli said...

how cute!!! i love that your girls are so crazy about birthdays as you are. keep it up! haha. and those legs were amazing. how did you get that costume?! i know it was you under there jess... or i could totally see dustin as the robin as well. he's so good at wearing things like that.

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Jess, you make birthday's so fun! Happy Birthday Josey!

Wendy said...

What a fun birthday! It looks like Josey had a great time.

Liz said...

You are such a good mom to make them feel so special on their birthday. She looks like she had a lot of fun.

Heidi said...

Definitely a great birthday - swimming, dinner and Chuck E. Cheese!! Sounds like a lot of fun. And I agree with the Red Robin guy - nice legs!!