Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Empress Vampire Bunny

(I changed the title of this post because I finally blew up the picture of my favorite costume girls and read what was on her sash. Empress Vampire Bunny?! What the heck? Is her name Bunny maybe? So funny!)

So I admit it fully.....I went to the midnight release of the fourth book in the Stephenie Meyer Twilight series, Breaking Dawn. And I was as excited and the litte 14 year old girls that were running around Barnes and Noble. My friend and I went at about 9:30 so we could hopefully get our bracelets early enough that we wouldn't be there all night. And actually we were out of there at about 12:30 even though I was number 222. Way to go Barnes and Noble! It just gave me more time to start reading it that night before I fell asleep. I am officially done with the book FINALLY and I really liked it. She definately wrapped it all up nice and sweet with a little bow but I generally prefer happier endings anyway. (Sorry if that gives anything away to anyone who hasn't read it yet. I figure if you care that much you probably have already read it right?) Anyway we participated in all the fun games.....



We actually made sashes, which I am not really sure what that was for but we made on anyway.





And we made bookmarks, which actually came in pretty handy. We decided to put our husbands names on the bookmarks so that hopefully they wouldn't be to jealous of our obsession.








About the only thing we didn't participate in was the "dressing up" part. Totally hilarious!! I swear it was attack of the goth prom queen. SO many girls came dressed to the nines with white make-up all over their faces and black lipstick. I couldn't really get the total correlation to the book though. As far as I know the vampires were not gothic and no one wore black lipstick but whatever floats your boat I guess?I couldn't resist trying to take pictures of some of the more over the top costumes. Here are some of my favorites....



How old IS that girl?





This wasn't exactly my favorite costume but for a while I thought that maybe this old man was just there by himself. And I thought that was pretty hilarious. Even if he had just been there getting a different book how funny would it have been for some old guy to go into a bookstore and see this......








Yes this was officially my favorite get up of the night. She had everything down to the real looking fangs. The funniest part and maybe scariest part about this girl was that she wasn't here with any friends. She was here with her mother who was following her around and they weren't talking to each other. It was as if the girl was leading around her little servant who was carrying all her bags and coat and stuff. Honestly it was really funny. She said she got the fangs in New York!?





At first I was a little shy about taking peoples pictures but then I just couldn't resist and I started asking people if I could take their pictures. I figure if you came all decked out you probably WANTED someone to notice you right?










This was totally the cutest girl and dad at the bookstore. There wer actually a lot of dads there with their daughters and I thought that was too cute. This dad knew all the characters and was totally talking to his daughter about her favorite ones. He was even trying to help her think of something good to put on her sash. How cute is that?! She seemed to being having just as much fun with her dad as she would have with her friends. Love that!


8 comments:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Soooo you are for sure funny! I went to costco on Saturday at noon the next day and they had hundreds of books for 12 bucks! Jeff just smirked and said "see...I told you so!" So...I haven't finished it yet...maybe tomarrow if my kids nap! yeah right!

Alli said...

i LOVE IT!! ok, the costumes were cracking me up. I like the random lady with the high striped socks... random. I almost cried when i saw the girl and her dad... how cute is that?!

JasonDebbie said...

my friends went to one here, I went when the store opened in the morning and they only had 15 books left!! Thats how popular they are I guess!

Wendy said...

I am excited to read the last one. Liz had it when we were all in Murtaugh and I kept telling her to read it faster. . . but she didn't finish it in time to let me take it! But I will get my hands on a copy soon.
Some of those costumes are so random! Strange, obsessed people.

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Finally finished! Soooo awesome...and pretty sexy too!

Alli said...

that just made it sooo much better. haha. i am going to call you that from now on. in my phone... you are going to be empress vampire bunny

Liz said...

I love those costumes. I would have loved to have gone and seen all that. I have to say though that I did not care for it at all. I do not want to spoil the book if anyone hasn't read it yet but I will just say that I like the other ones better.

Heidi said...

I haven't gotten into this whole Twilight series, but all the teen girls with us at the beach last week were reading their Breaking Dawn books. Those are some funny pictures though!