Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sharon Bangerter link

So this is what I was doing most of the day before I left for California, but I am back now! I am sure that Dustin's brother Paul wished that I had spent more time cleaning my house since he stayed here over the weekend but unfortunately for him I didn't want my apples to go bad. So I made lots and lots of applesauce. Sadly I fear I didn't make enough to last me until next year. This picture proves that I made the applesauce and didn't just pour store bought applesauce into a jar. I noticed that somehow a leaf got into one of my jars. Luckily I noticed before I sealed it up.These are the apples that Sharon Bangerter let me pick off her apple tree. She and Roger were a little concerned that they were too ripe but I can't tell you how delicious the applesauce turned out. I have never been a huge applesauce fan but after making this stuff I want it at every meal!Now here is the Sharon Bangerter link. After I picked her apples.....she flew down to California to help decorate for my sisters wedding! We love Sharon and her apples! She was such a big help and is so talented. These are just a few pictures of the couple of days leading up to the wedding as we were getting the location ready. I got to fly out on Tuesday by myself to go through the temple with my baby sister and help my mom get last minute things ready for the wedding. It was amazing to be in the temple with all my siblings. I can't tell you how wonderful it was. This was the first time we had all been there together. When I get some of the pictures that other people took I will post them since my camera ran out of batteries. Then Dustin drove all day Thursday with the girls to meet me in California for the wedding and reception the next day. He was a trooper and all the girls made it to me alive even though I think at times barely. When Lilly was screaming "DON'T GO ASTRAY" from Follow the Prophet over and over again, I think Dustin about lost it!
The wedding was beautiful and I can't wait to get some of the pictures to put up!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, Jess. Great job on the applesauce. It looks yummy. And I am so glad you got to go to California for the wedding. And all by yourself for a few days! Wahoo!
What a nice hubby you have.

JasonDebbie said...

Wow I dont even know how to make applesauce. It can sit for a long time without being refrigerated? Im domestic at some things but not at others--like canning and jamming and stuff. So way to go! Oh and Jason's mom gave kaitlyn that dress, I think she got it at Ross or marshalls or TJ Maxx

THE REBER FAMILY said...

You are so fast at getting stuff on your blog! How do you do that? Josey singing at the wedding will forever be my favorite memory! Your kids are sooo cute. We miss you already!