Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Frog Pond

So I finally updated my blog to HALLOWEEN! I love Halloween......in case somebody wasn't aware of that.



Last week the girls and I came across an amazing place up at the community college near us. I was trying to avoid the Kirby vacuum salespeople on my front door step and to make a long story short I had to stay away from my house for an hour in the middle of the afternoon. SO ANNOYING! So we went driving around the community college because a friend of mine had told me about some frog pond that her boys love to catch frogs in all the time. So we parked and started walking through the paths and stuff and came upon this big meadow/marsh that was filled with frogs! EVERYWHERE! There were literally hundreds of frogs. Every time you walked a little frog would jump. The girls were in heaven and caught frogs for an hour and then we headed home. So we decided to take Dustin on Sunday and catch some more frogs. It was actually raining on us but we had so much fun!




(no frogs were injured in the making of this blog)




I made the girls leave the frogs the first time but Dustin let them bring a couple home. We took them to another closer pond and let them go the next day. But here is Lilly with her turn to hold the cup of frogs.
And we even found a blackberry bush and so the girls had a little snack.And then we walked by this creepy statue in one of the buildings on the property. Seriously it was kinda scary.

Such a fun Sunday outing.

2 comments:

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

How fun! And the frogs are cute and TINY!

Payton Armijo said...

We have a ton of frogs that live around our home. The kids are catching them all the time!! They love to have a field day with them. It is funny how they get so excited about the funniest things!!