Monday, January 12, 2009

I hate days like this

So I don't have any fun pictures for this post and trust me you probably wouldn't want any. I had one of those days that make you want to sit down on the couch and just cry. The crying was partly due to being tired and partly just do to being a frustrated mom.

My day started at 5:45a.m. as it always does on Monday mornings. Let me tell you that from a person that is not a morning person, 5:45 in the morning is disgusting on any day of the week but for some reason it feels particularly disgusting on Monday mornings. But I have to be on a conference call every Monday morning for my job. So I was up for that and then worked for about an hour. At about 6:30 I decided that, instead of laying back down until 7:30 (the latest possibly time I can get my kids up to get them to school on time) I would just shower and get ready for the day. So I went ahead with that plan and got the girls up and they miraculously didn't miss the bus like they do 90 percent of mornings. I then proceeded to bathe Lilly and get her ready to head to the doctors office with me.

It is one thing to take your child to the doctor.....it is a completely other thing to take your child with you to your doctors appt.....never a good idea. However she did fairly well and I didn't loose my cool throughout the visit, which again is miraculous.

From there we headed to a couple of grocery stores. Probably not the best idea on my part since we were pushing lunch time but I needed to get some things done. While I was at Albertson's getting a few more deals, Lilly was OUT OF CONTROL. I was SO embarrassed. Do you ever have those days where you are so embarrassed to be out in public with your children? I didn't have all my coupons together like I normally do and so I was flustered at the register and Lilly was all over the place, and the cashier wasn't being very friendly to me (probably annoyed because of the amount of coupons and transactions.....I don't blame him). Seriously by the end I was starting to perspire and about to burst into tears. Luckily I did have a friend there that took Lilly for me for a few minutes so I could finish my transactions and that was very helpful. But then my $15 dollar coupons didn't print on 2 of my transactions and the cashier was even MORE annoyed with me that I wasn't going to let it go!

So I left the store seriously almost in tears and headed home. I layed Lilly down and instead of cleaning my house I decided to lay down for a few minutes.,.....even though I knew that I needed to be at the bus stop in about an hour. Maddy was not coming home on the bus today which meant that Josey was going to be coming home alone. I told her that I would meet her at the bus stop at 2:30 so she wouldn't have to walk home alone. So I laid down and FELL ASLEEP! Like I TOTALLY fell asleep. I woke up and looked at the clock and it said that it was 2:50! It was almost 3:00 and Josey wasn't home. I jumped off the couch and almost ran out the door with no shoes on. I ran down to the bus stop and she wasn't there. I ran back home and thought that maybe she went to the neighbors and thankfully she was there playing. She said she knocked on the door (because it was locked!) but I am not so sure. Anyway, again I was totally embarrassed and wanted to go home and cry. But now I needed to take all three of my girls to the dentist.

SO! We headed to the dentist. Everyone got their teeth cleaned and did pretty good but it is just hard having all three in the dentist office at one time and I was exhausted afterwards. So I walked in the door to a messy house, groceries to put away and hungry children. So what did we do for dinner? We went to Costco and met Dustin there. He was very sweet and bought me flowers while we were there but given the day I already had it probably wasn't the best idea to take everyone to the store again. I could just feel my frustration level rising and rising.

On the way home I needed to stop and fill my prescription.....keep in mind I still had Lilly with me. We went in and they started filling it and then told me the copay was 50 BUCKS! What!? So I told them to please call my doctor tomorrow and see if there is something cheaper I can fill. So I didn't even get my prescription. Meanwhile Lilly was again a little tired monster by this time.

Anyway, I just wanted to get the day out. And hopefully it made someone else feel like they aren't the only one's that have these kinds of days. I don't even want to go to bed at this point because I don't really want tomorrow to come. I am afraid it will just be more of the same as I have a whole list of things to get done tomorrow. Maybe I am a little pessimistic? All I know is I really want my mom to come visit. What are you doing this weekend mom? Please please please?!

6 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

Hi Jess,
I'm sorry you had such a crummy day. We've all been there, or at least somewhere similar! It is ugly. SLEEP! Everything looks better after a good night's sleep.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Or, there is always next week.
Love you!
Betsy

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Jes...it seems like my kids are always tired little monsters! Being a mom is so frustrating because it seems like no matter how hard you try something isn't going to go right! I always call my sister on days like that and bawl! She always tells me that "you're a good mom because you care....and you keep on trying!" SO...hang in there. I'm in your boat! Love ya!

Megan said...

I feel for you!!! Camryn is teething and both Karl and I have been sick this past week. Yesterday we didn't even shower until after 3:00--we just took turns watching Camryn (whose attention span was about 5 minutes long and who demanded new and interesting activities with shrieks) while the other spouse laid on the couch or took a nap. And then she spent all night crying and refusing to go back to sleep by herself. And then cried through about half of her morning nap today. Seriously--I've asked myself a hundred times today why I ever had a kid. I could be in grad school right now! Blissful, self-fulfilling grad school where no one screams in my ear or keeps me up half the night or bites. What was I thinking, having a baby? So, yeah. You're not alone.

Wendy said...

I hate days like that too. Sorry it was so rough. I hope it gets better for you.

Heidi said...

Sorry to hear about your rough day but sometimes getting it off your chest is therapeutic! I hate days like that, especially when they happen at the beginning of the week! Hope things are going better for ya!

Cami said...

You know you could of mentioned that awesome friend's name that helped you out in Albertsons that day. Just so everyone knows....that was me. LOL! I'm sorry that day was so crappy for you. You should try asking your friends for help, like I keep suggesting, but you never take me up on.