Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Potpourri Post

Today was one of those days that I really enjoyed being a mom. There just seemed to be a bunch of random things that I had to document. First of all the most exciting news......Josey FINALLY lost her first tooth!! This is something she has been waiting and waiting for (even though she is only 6 and a half). She has watched Maddy lose tooth after tooth and most if not all of her friends. Some of them even already have their permanent teeth in. But her little pearly whites just haven't wanted to budge. But today she lost her first tooth. She is so excited to go to school tomorrow and finally add her name to the list in her class of people that have lost teeth. Here she is bloody teeth and all.




And after school today she brought home an early valentine for everyone. She hung them all next to every ones beds. It was just too cute.




And Maddy brought home something as well. She made this poster in her free time in her class over the last week. She said that she had to spend her entire last recess finishing it up. But she wanted to make a poster for Lilly because "she hasn't been sleeping well and has been really cranky". Personally I am not sure that she is any more or less cranky than normal but it was really cute and thoughtful of Maddy. She had all her friends sign it and write nice things to Lilly. She loved it of course.


And then she also pulled out of her backpack a special valentine present she got from a boy in her class. She came home yesterday telling me that this little boy was going to bring her a special valentine present today. I wasn't sure if that was something that was really going to happen or not. But today she came home with a box of chocolates, a little container of chocolate covered sunflower seeds (which are really good by the way!), and a webkin, all in a cute little purse with a ornament that said Happy Vday. That's a pretty good present for a 2nd grader! I am a little shocked that she would get such an elaborate gift at 8! I felt a little guilty for a minute like we should get something for the little boy......but then I didn't feel guilty anymore.
So all in all it was a fun day to spend with my beautiful girls. I can't believe how old they are all getting. It was one of those days where they seemed to be growing up more quickly than I realized. They have their days when they fight like only sisters can. But really they are best friends and love each other so much and I am so proud of that.
PS. I finally cleaned my playroom mom!! It was a good day!

No comments: