Monday, February 09, 2009

She's a Potty Champion

A couple of weeks ago I got a little potty training kit in the mail complete with stickers. Since we were still working on consistently going in the potty I thought we would give it a try. I completely underestimated how well it was going to work. Lilly was SO excited to have a potty chart to put stickers on. As soon as we put it up she was going on the potty every time! And she was so content to put a sticker on the chart we didn't even need any treats. So we finally filled it all in the other day and since both the other girls have a picture with their first potty chart, here is one of Lilly as well. She actually went "#2" today for the first time as well in the potty! It is about the most exciting thing that has happened to Dustin and I since the last child went poo poo in the potty! Everyone of them has used this same potty and every one now has a picture at about the same age with their potty chart sitting on this potty. I love when I can be consistent with all three because it so rarely happens anymore.

I had this weird realization as we started doing the potty chart. I realized that Lilly is almost the exact same age that Maddy was when she did her first potty chart. The reason this is such a weird realization is that in my memory Maddy seemed so much older! I thing this is the curse of the first born and the baby. I think that the parents of the first born child tend to forget how little they really are. At least for myself it seems that way. But the baby also get a warped age from the parent as they always seem younger than they really are. I guess maybe it is only the middle children that get treated as their rightful age, not too old and not too young!

5 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

You have none in diapers!!!! Lucky! Congratulations to Lily.

BethReberFrancis said...

I love this picture of Lilly. She is sooo proud of herself and yet, still a sparkle of mischief twinkling in her eyes.

Heidi said...

I love it when things 'click' like that and the potty process goes so smoothly! Glad the stickers worked so well, Yeah for you :)

Amanda said...

Yeah Lilly!! I'm so excited for you Jess...one huge hurdle over. Now do you think Lilly could teach Ash to use the potty when she poops??? :)

Paul Moyes said...

I just went #2 in my pants... can I have a sticker?