Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Day After

Oh my goodness! Wicked was so fun! Seriously it was great and our seats were awesome and it was so nice to go do something different with Dustin. We met at the Heathman Restaurant, which is just a really nice restaurant that I have wanted to try. Dustin had a dozen red roses waiting for me and the Anniversary Plate waiting. I was (of course) quite late after picking up the babysitter and trying to get out of the house on time. So we had to kinda scarf our food down to make it over to the Keller Auditorium on time. But it was YUMMY and fun.
The play was so amazing and we both loved. We were laughing because Dustin actually said, while we were watching the play, that it was fabulous. I had to laugh that my husband said the word fabulous while watching a musical theatre performance. I am glad that he enjoys these things as well! He immediately came home and downloaded all the music so that we could listen to it and let the girls listen to it. Pretty funny!

The girl that played the wicked witch was the young Cosette from les Miserables. She is actually the one that is one the CD which just seemed so weird to me because I listened to that cd more times than I could ever count. And just to think that that is the voice of the little girl I listened to over and over again all grown up. She was seriously AMAZING! So many times I had goose bumps her voice was so powerful.
ANYWAY! So since we didn't get to anywhere for spring break like the girls and I were planning. I told them they could each pick a day to plan a fun outing and then choose dinner and help me cook it. So today was Maddy's day! She was very excited!

She decided to go to the OMSI, the science museum. So we headed out and spent like 4 HOURS there! It isn't the easiest place to go by yourself with kids ranging in ages from 2 to 8. They didn't exactly want to be in the same places at the same time. But we worked it out pretty good. They had this really cool Leonardo DiVinci exhibit that the girls found very interesting! I think their favorite was the face painting we found. This is what they turned out like.
Maddy the Tiger
Josey the Princess
And Lilly the Princess

So Maddy has decided on breakfast burritos and pancakes for dinner and we are off to do some master chefing in the kitchen! Tomorrow is Josey's day!

1 comment:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

How fun! I wish I could go see Wicked! It sold out in SLC in like 15 minutes!
What a fun idea to let each kid plan a day. You are such a good mom!