Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lilly's Day

So today was Lilly's day. We decided to go a little out of order because I had so many things to get done today and I wanted Josey to feel just as special as Maddy did on her day. Since Lilly doesn't really care we gave her today. I didn't get any pictures however because she was such a PILL! My day started out early! I had reserved the canner from the the cannery like 2 months ago to can some flour and wheat we have had for WAY to long sitting around in bags. So of course I hadn't realized it but I had reserved it for spring break! So I picked it up on Tuesday of this week but I wasn't able to get anything done with it. So yesterday came and again the day got away from me and I completely forgot about the canner in my van. So last night at about 11:00 I realized that I needed to return it today by noon and I had done nothing! So I woke up early this morning and started trying to figure the silly thing out. Dustin was helping me drag our 50 pound bags of wheat and flour into the kitchen before he left for work. All of the sudden Maddy and Josey start to take notice of what I am doing and they want in on the action! So they decided that they were going to help me fill the cans. Then from there as only seems possible with my girls it turned into princesses filling cans for poor people and shipping them off. And then I became the queen and they were having a grand time filling cans full of wheat.....what can I say, they are the product of their fathers imagination I think.
Anyway, it only took me like an hour to finish it up which was nice but I didn't exactly have to get up so early....darnitt. So we got that returned and then I raced back home to try and work before it was too late on the east coast. And then I loaded everyone up for the library and McDonald's. It was nice when we got there they were having some kids music guy performing that the girls sort of liked. Lilly was in rare form with all her naughty words flying everywhere, of course. She was so tired for some reason and it showed. I took us 30 minutes just to get out the door because I was trying to be nice and let her pick out whatever she wanted to wear on her special day. We changed dresses over and over and over again. I finally had to put my foot down and tell her no more which resulted in a crying fit for the books. She has definite opinions but then can't make up her mind which is very frustrating! In my previous post you saw how she has to wear all the dress-ups at the same time because she can't decide which one she wants the most. This time too she had to bring along three pairs of shoes because she just couldn't quite decided which ones she wanted to wear! What a funny kid.
So for dinner, I didn't exactly give her the choice of what we were having. I had some chicken I needed to cook. And I figure that if you ever ask her what she wants for dinner the majority of the time she says, "chicken, noodles and syrup". Once again just another instance of her opinionated yet indecisive character! So she is getting one out of the three. I think that is pretty good!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Jessica I love reading your posts. I just love how cute your little family is and you are such a great mom!