Friday, June 12, 2009

Cheaper Coupon Inserts


So I thought I would quickly post about this and hopefully all you Oregonians out there that are buying newspapers for the coupon inserts will be interested. Over on Frugal Living Nothwest she has blogged about her attempt at contacting the Oregonian to see if we could swing a deal to get multiple papers for a cheaper deal. This is something that currently other newspapers in Idaho and Utah already have going.


I too have contacted the Oregonian a few months back to see if there was anyway to order multiple papers for a cheaper price. I of course was told no and that actually the cost of getting it delivered to my door is more expensive than buying one at the store, consequently I did not subscribe. Seeing how I want multiple copies for the coupons I usually just pick them up at the grocery store or try to find people that don't want theirs for free.


So FLW is trying to negotiate a deal with them. They have already responded that they are "not interested in a deal like this". But she has asked that if you are interested, that you post a comment on her blog entry so that she can come back to them with some actual numbers of extra newspapers they could sell by taking advantage of this deal and offering it to their subscribers.


If you are interested in getting multiple papers for a cheaper price delivered to your home then check out her post and comment. Hopefully the Oregonian will listen and see all the EXTRA papers that they could sell for a little bit of a discount.

No comments: