Friday, August 21, 2009

The second leg of our trip.....St George/Pine Valley

So after spending a week in California with my mom (mention #13) and my sister, instead of heading home we decided to drive anohter 12 hours down to St. George to see my dad and his wife and my grandparents. It had been since we moved that we had seen great Grandma and Grandpa Reber in Pine Valley. We drove through Las Vegas and went by our old house. The girls insisted that we stop to see some of their friends that lived a couple houses down so we did. I didn't pull my camera out though unfortunately.


We went swimming in St. George the first day at a really fun pool but I didn't pull my camera out! Darnnit! Then we headed up to the cabin in Pine Valley.



The first morning we were there, the girls woke up super early and were ready to help with EVERYTHING! So they were out in the garden picking vegetables with grandpa....


















....and feeding the fishes......
...and cleaning up the yard.....



....and filling all the bird feeders. They had so much fun!



Then we spent some time, listening to grandpas journal,






hanging out on the hammock....





.....exoploring the yard (especially looking for snakes)....



...and going on a little hike.



We also played on the sport court with cousins, swam in the little blow up pool, swam in the hot tub, jumped on the trampoline, rode the rhino looking for deer, played in the little playhouse and on the swingset. The girls had a ball and Josey really hit it off with her second cousin Laney. I didn't get a picture though!



We also just enjoyed hanging out and watching movies. This is Maddy and my cousins son Luke (who Lilly LOVED playing with and they had lots of fun together. They were soon boyfriend and girlfriend) and my other cousins daughter Christi.

Nighttime didn't go so well here. I felt really bad becuase the second night we were here literally slept in 7 different beds.....in one night.....it is a long story but I will just say that it was a long night and a long morning making all those beds.
Then we went back down to St. George and my dad took us up to "Crystal Mountain". It is a deposit of some sort of stone that I can't remember the name of but they look like crystals and my girls each filled a bag full. They were very heavy bags.....that I had to lug all the way home with us.







Everytime I turned around Josey was 10 miles away exploring some other part of the area so I didn't get a good picture of her.




See there she is again.









For some reason Lilly has decided to make weird faces in every picture.....I don't know.




I wish that Lillly didn't look crossed-eyed in this picture because I think it would be a favorite of my girls.


It was a long way to go and I don't know when we will make it back down there but we had so much fun and we were really glad that we did it.

3 comments:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

We LOVE crystal mountain!! Caitlyn has a bucket full of "magic crystals" on our back porch and build towers with them and gives them as get well gifts and presents to her cousins. She thinks they have magic powers =)

Abby said...

I so wish That we Could have seen You Guys while In St george Darn,, But I Loved seeing all The Pictures.. I Can't hardly look at The Pictures Of My Mother with white Hair!!! It's Just Not Her... and I Love seeing That Fair Land Is still There,, I Have so many Memorys Of Taking My Kids There when ever we went Up To Visit My Parents in Danville,, You Must have Had a wonderful Trip...

Liz said...

It is too bad that we could not have seen you while you were at my moms. You are brave women that is a long time to be gone. Are you feeling all right, have you been very sick? When do you have your ultrasound?